I decided to give Lufia: The Ruins of Lore another shot, and...

Started by LucasRCD, September 21, 2020, 10:42:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LucasRCD

Man, I had forgotten how slow this game is. It's a far cry from how the earlier games played. Battles are quite well animated, but I think the game suffers from it. There's just so much windup to every animation, and they play so slowly! Due to how slow battles play out, I had given up a playthrough I was doing years ago. I just couldn't do it.

Sometimes I wish I had the knowledge to just improve games like these by the magic of ROM hacking, because I don't think there's anything fundamentally wrong with the combat system. Like if I could, I'd remove or at least shorten the windup between animaations and between turns, and speed up animations by at least 2 times. This is the kind of improvements the game desperately needs, and I think that may have contributed to it being poorly received more than anything.

This game has a lot of potential that I think was wasted because the end product is such a slog to play. Oh well, maybe someday this will be remedied, whether it be from an improvement hack or if Square Enix somehow ends up remaking the game.

It's weird how this is my first time actually being active in here, despite being registered for like 4 years, but I digress.
Lufia afficionado, forum game player. Former SMW hacker.

Jorpho

This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!