News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: question regarding the shining force III english translation patch  (Read 795 times)

treos

• View Profile
question regarding the shining force III english translation patch
« on: September 17, 2020, 03:15:10 pm »
http://sf3trans.shiningforcecentral.com/patch-instructions/ http://www.romhacking.net/translations/1569/

"The SF3TranslationPatcher.exe only works with a CD drive (no virtual drive support) and uses the bin/cue format exclusively. Windows 10 is supported."

do i require the actual physical discs for this? if so...what a sick and cruel joke of a translation patch.

*checks amazon just in case* O_O $199?! well, if that's the requirement then this patch is not happening at all cause i ain't paying 200 dollars for a single video game.

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
Re: question regarding the shining force III english translation patch
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2020, 03:56:11 pm »
That is too bad because original Japanese CD is the only way I'd legitimately own the game.
The three Japanese scenarios were like $20 each games last I knew, far more reasonable.

And if it's a retranslation as it says, what is the point then of specifically requiring the official translation anyways?
Is it only making some changes to the official translation rather than completely rewriting it?
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

nbisbo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2020, 06:46:19 pm »
there is the Isomaker way as well fyi also the patcher works with daemon tools so yea

treos

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2020, 02:25:11 am »
only the first disc (scenario) was released in english. the rest were japanese exclusive.

if i'm not mistaken in my assumption, the retranslation of the first disc should change the story back to how it would normally fit with the japanese discs.

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2020, 01:41:08 pm »
What an odd restriction.  I wonder why it doesn't support virtual drives?  Would a virtual drive in a virtual machine work any better?
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!