News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Relationship between Kaiju Monogatari and Daikaiju Monogatari?  (Read 555 times)

werewolfslayr925

• View Profile
Relationship between Kaiju Monogatari and Daikaiju Monogatari?
« on: September 15, 2020, 10:54:15 pm »
I have both but am not sure which to play first. Is the SFC game a remake, a sequel, or a reboot? Is it worth playing both?
As the harbor is welcome to the sailor, so is the last line to the scribe.

aqualung

• View Profile
Re: Relationship between Kaiju Monogatari and Daikaiju Monogatari?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 06:52:40 am »
The snes one is kind of a sequel, as the same three characters appear. What changes is the Fire Hero, and in DKM2 you see where that hero comes from.

DKM is one of my favourite snes rpgs, it ticks everything I like in the genre. I still haven't played the famicom one, though, I have to do it one of these days (I fear it might be a little hard to play by today standards: lots of random encounters, excessive grinding, etc).

There's also Juvei Quest on the famicom, which is made by the same developers and it's one of my favorites on the system (it has lots of gimmicks that were implemented in DKM later, such as the helpers, etc). Let's say that, in Juvei Quest, the developers experimented with the features that were later ported to DKM and DKM2.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 07:13:57 am by aqualung »

maximo806

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2020, 12:17:59 am »
Do you think Daikaiju Monogatari 2 will be translated?

Freestate

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2020, 06:40:33 am »
Do you think Daikaiju Monogatari 2 will be translated?

I´s almost done by the same team who translated the first one. http://www.dynamic-designs.us/shellmonsterstory2.shtml 99% They were in beta testing for the last months.

maximo806

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2020, 10:38:54 am »
I´s almost done by the same team who translated the first one. http://www.dynamic-designs.us/shellmonsterstory2.shtml 99% They were in beta testing for the last months.
So how long is the beta testing? I don't mind if they take a bit longer to fix any bugs that are left over.