News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Poll

Should RHDN allow controversial elements in its hacks (total or partial nudity, bad taste humor, social and political satire, etc)?

Yes, of course! Censorship does not belong in the 21st century.
3 (16.7%)
Absolutely not. There are already pages that publish this kind of stuff.
4 (22.2%)
Yes, but only if it is done with respect and good taste.
2 (11.1%)
Always yes, but a rating system (like the ESRB) should be used to warn of inappropriate content.
9 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: October 20, 2020, 03:50:18 am

Author Topic: Super Mario Bros. 8  (Read 28631 times)

CryinOnion

• "Once upon a time, a terribly sad onion ..."
    • View Profile
    • Crying Onion's Youtube Channel
Re: Super Mario Bros. 8
« Reply #120 on: July 15, 2021, 01:35:22 pm »
Thanks! Personally, at this point I don't want to think about it any more. The important thing was to be able to share 10 months full of work and personal ups and downs. Remove a spicy joke were certainly not going to ruin the gaming experience. And that is the only thing that has changed from the version that was briefly shared.

And of course, the patch to uncensor the game is already uploaded elsewhere. Give me just a few days to finish the presentation video on my channel and I'll share it all there, links + covers + thanks to those who have actively contributed to the project.

Supergamerguy

• Studio Ghibli fanatic, lover of all things MegaMan
    • View Profile
    • Supergamerguy's Romhacks
« Reply #121 on: July 15, 2021, 01:57:38 pm »
Just submitted a review to RHDN (a positive one, I assure you)! I had such a fun time playing Super Mario Bros. 8, and I think it's one of the best hacks on the site. The effort Cryinonion put into his work the past several months has been amazing, and it shows in the final product. The only way it could be better is to fully change all of the bosses. Seeing the Mermaid in her clam as Birdo in a cracked egg and the Toy Factory Bird as Cookatiel would be icing on Peach's cake. Icing that the cake would still be good without, but even more appealing regardless.
Mega Man 7 > 3 > 2 > 9 > Wily Wars (with SRAM hack) > 5 > 6 > 4 > Powered Up > V(GB) > 10 > 1 > The Power Fighters > The Power Battle > IV(GB) > III(GB) > II(GB) > Dr. Wily's Revenge(GB) > Mega Man 8 > Mega Man and Bass > Mega Man (Game Gear) > Mega Man and Bass - Challengers from the Future

tygerbug

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 16, 2021, 08:40:53 pm »
Absolutely lovely.

Supergamerguy

• Studio Ghibli fanatic, lover of all things MegaMan
    • View Profile
    • Supergamerguy's Romhacks
« Reply #123 on: July 17, 2021, 09:47:17 am »
https://youtu.be/c_GhvH8F-Kg

One of my favorite Youtubers, Blue Television Games, just covered Super Mario Bros. 8 in a video! Hopefully this leads to some more traction and awareness for this project.
Mega Man 7 > 3 > 2 > 9 > Wily Wars (with SRAM hack) > 5 > 6 > 4 > Powered Up > V(GB) > 10 > 1 > The Power Fighters > The Power Battle > IV(GB) > III(GB) > II(GB) > Dr. Wily's Revenge(GB) > Mega Man 8 > Mega Man and Bass > Mega Man (Game Gear) > Mega Man and Bass - Challengers from the Future

CryinOnion

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 19, 2021, 02:38:57 pm »
Thanks bro! When I'm rich I won't forget you XD.

And yes, I saw the video yesterday and I'm really happy (even if it came before my own video) that someone with such a wide diffusion has shared my job. Now (and after giving some thanks and sharing some curiosities) I back to work!

sebastianangel

• you can always improve
    • View Profile
    • sega genesis
« Reply #125 on: July 20, 2021, 10:17:59 am »
Congratulations for the great work done, dedication in each pixel that you improved! :thumbsup: We are already enjoying this great game like never before, greetings friend :woot!:

CryinOnion

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 02, 2021, 04:08:47 pm »
Hey people! It's time to close this post and clean up the Imgur gallery. All the project screenshots on it will no longer be available. Also, I take this opportunity to thank (once again) everyone who showed interest in my hack and helped indirectly or indirectly to bring it to fruition. I hope you enjoy it!

Flaviogames

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 02, 2021, 07:26:09 pm »
 :laugh: :thumbsup:

Xander max

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 02, 2021, 07:29:38 pm »
We can only thank you for this excellent work! And we look forward to the next project! thanks!
Check out dozens of my projects on youtube!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdGHNhopquBMifjhdNSWQTA/videos