News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Mega Man X custom stages  (Read 11247 times)

bosn

• View Profile
Re: Mega Man X custom stages
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2021, 11:21:29 am »
Hello, a while back I had to format my hdd and by a idiotic mistake I didnt backup my romhacking source codes so I basically lost everything. So this little project as you'd imagine is abandoned.

In any case I've reuploaded the patch if you want to give it a go
https://www85.zippyshare.com/v/ZTzSh6au/file.html

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2021, 11:30:45 am »
Thanks for comming back and uploading the file again. I kept this bookmarked to check on it later in case it got more progress over time, but when I came back to it the link was down. I'll check it out soon.

It's sad to see one of the rare Mega Man X hacks pushing things forward abandoned, I was very excited to see game's enemies implemented. But it's also very understandable under these circumstances. Thanks for sharing!

Seeeeph

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2021, 12:33:28 am »
I've been working on documenting the bosses' AI, but I'm not a programmer and I basically burned out after 4 bosses or so. If you care to make something out of my notes, then go nuts with it. The notes were for a new, more mature romhack I was planning but the project died along the way. Here's a drive link.

NOTE: Most files were made for Sublime Text 3, the notepad-type of app I used for documenting.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1oeMNH2-uvaZUGKEqZ-lAcHjW5JFPvpuS?usp=sharing
Much thanks for your documentation Hart-Hunt! This may pick up my interest at hacking this game again. Been trying to hack this game three times in the past, but always gave up since the editor was either too tedious or I couldn't edit enemies properly. Will give it one more try sometime soon (now that I'm done with zelda 3 for good....).

Raykusen

• No value for sugarcoating. 100% for being honest.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2021, 04:48:57 pm »
Since i love Megaman X1 (the most), i gave it a try to this WIP, and here a few things i find very good:
- Leg Upgrade since the intro stage.
- Penguin stage expanded.
- The heart piece relocalization in penguin stage is pretty good.
- The fact that it uses the version without slowdowns (SA1 i think is called).
- The elevator section in the cameleon stage is very fun. I loved it.
- The way the lives appears at the beginning of any stage.

Now things that i don't like and i think should be improved:
- The L button for dash as default. We can change it in the options yes, but we all expect it by default to be A button (Please revert it back to vanilla).
- Too many pitfalls in peguin stage (don't go to the X6 route please).
- This enemy right there must be either deleted or moved more to the front, or, remove the infinite spammed flying enemies that are bellow. Is frustrating to even pass this point without killing the enjoyment and the pace.

- The sting camaleon stage became a chore to traverse, with those infinite spammed rock guys that fall from the ceiling.
- The alternate route to traverse cameleon stage is just like the X6 gate stage is, full of spikes that we cannot see, and that is terrible.

Now the glitches i found:
- In this part of the octopus stage (to the right is the heart piece), the ship is lost.

- These enemies, after dying, they don't disappear and stay all glitched there.

Now things that i don't understand:
- Where are the leg and body capsules?. They should be in places where we can easily find them, but it seems you hided them in places that we can't find easly.

Things that i think should be added:
- The method of dash-walljump, where we can leave the dash button pressed all the time and by pressing the jump button on a wall, X will do a dash jump (like in every other new X game after X1, such as X4), instead of pressing dash+jump at the same time.

Thats it as for now, since i know its a work in progress.

Im sure this has the potential to be the definitive version of X1, if we help this talented fella.

bosn

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2021, 03:54:41 pm »
hi, thanks for the feedback but as I mention earlier I unfortunately lost the source code and so this project is abandoned. This topic was more of a showcase of only the penguin/sting stages while ignoring the other levels as apparently somethings got broken so I don't even know if you can finish the game