Since i love Megaman X1 (the most), i gave it a try to this WIP, and here a few things i find very good:
- Leg Upgrade since the intro stage.
- Penguin stage expanded.
- The heart piece relocalization in penguin stage is pretty good.
- The fact that it uses the version without slowdowns (SA1 i think is called).
- The elevator section in the cameleon stage is very fun. I loved it.
- The way the lives appears at the beginning of any stage.
Now things that i don't like and i think should be improved:
- The L button for dash as default. We can change it in the options yes, but we all expect it by default to be A button (Please revert it back to vanilla).
- Too many pitfalls in peguin stage (don't go to the X6 route please).
- This enemy right there must be either deleted or moved more to the front, or, remove the infinite spammed flying enemies that are bellow. Is frustrating to even pass this point without killing the enjoyment and the pace.
- The sting camaleon stage became a chore to traverse, with those infinite spammed rock guys that fall from the ceiling.
- The alternate route to traverse cameleon stage is just like the X6 gate stage is, full of spikes that we cannot see, and that is terrible.
Now the glitches i found:
- In this part of the octopus stage (to the right is the heart piece), the ship is lost.
- These enemies, after dying, they don't disappear and stay all glitched there.
Now things that i don't understand:
- Where are the leg and body capsules?. They should be in places where we can easily find them, but it seems you hided them in places that we can't find easly.
Things that i think should be added:
- The method of dash-walljump, where we can leave the dash button pressed all the time and by pressing the jump button on a wall, X will do a dash jump (like in every other new X game after X1, such as X4), instead of pressing dash+jump at the same time.
Thats it as for now, since i know its a work in progress.
Im sure this has the potential to be the definitive version of X1, if we help this talented fella.