News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Infinite Hyrule - Legend of Zelda Overworld Randomizer [Updated to v2.10!]  (Read 16468 times)

PolishedTurd

• View Profile
Re: Infinite Hyrule - Legend of Zelda Overworld Randomizer [Released!]
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2021, 08:04:03 pm »
Congratulations, this looks great! At this point, it seems like adding randomization for dungeons would really round out the features. Even though that feature exists in another program, having a one-stop shop for randomization is attractive.

Just a thought.

crabycowman123

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2021, 12:37:54 pm »
Has anyone been able to get this randomizer working on Linux? I've tried running ZeldaOverworldRandomizer_Nov_10_2020.exe with Wine and Mono, but both give the same error message: "The entry point method could not be loaded due to Could not load file or assembly or one of its dependencies. assembly:PresentationFramework, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35 type:<unknown type> member:<none>"

I think I'm missing a library or something, but I can't seem to find information about how to install/load it.

julcreutz

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2021, 05:08:23 am »
Has anyone been able to get this randomizer working on Linux? I've tried running ZeldaOverworldRandomizer_Nov_10_2020.exe with Wine and Mono, but both give the same error message: "The entry point method could not be loaded due to Could not load file or assembly or one of its dependencies. assembly:PresentationFramework, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35 type:<unknown type> member:<none>"

I think I'm missing a library or something, but I can't seem to find information about how to install/load it.

The Randomizer is written in C#, so you need the .NET Runtime.

lexluthermiester

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2021, 12:40:07 pm »

No. You're just going to have to use Windows for now.

Garmy

• Filthy gemini
    • View Profile
Re: Infinite Hyrule - Legend of Zelda Overworld Randomizer [Updated!]
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2021, 05:31:48 pm »
A new update! Infinite Hyrule is now v2.0

Change Log

• A whole new Biome: Kakariko Village
  • An optional setting to make Bombable Walls and Burnable Bushes visually distinct
  • There are now a few single-screen lakes with Secrets underneath, one of which is now the location to Dungeon 7
  • The Secret Screen has been added to the overworld Generation that can only be accessed by finding a false wall on the screen below it. Originally, this was the top right corner of the map
  • An optional setting to hide Dungeon 8 on the Secret Screen and Dungeon 9 under any Burnable Bush or Bombable Wall
  • When choosing the setting to hide Dungeon 9, a new cave will be placed in the overworld with a free hint guiding the player to the biome where Dungeon 9 can be found.
  • Death Mountain now takes up fewer screens and will be placed farther away from Link's starting screen.
  • Open and Hidden Caves now appear in Graveyards more often
  • Palm Trees can now be found along the beach and at the Oasis
  • Bridges that travel North and South are now rotated
  • When Generating a map with a preview, there is now a Spoiler Block the user has to click to reveal the map in Infinite Hyrule. Saving the rom without revealing the map in the application will still output a PNG of the map to the same folder as the Rom.
  • Enemy Counts have been tweaked to reduce the chances of a screen being too laggy
  • A new Popup Window explaining how to use Infinite Hyrule with Zelda 1 Randomizer by Fred Coughlin
  • And a bunch of boring edge-case bug fixes.. like screens or bridges being blocked sometimes, staircases sometimes exiting Link in the wrong spot, rafts not working, that sort of thing.
  • Some Generation Optimization. Maps should generate much faster than before

Also, Cyneprepou4uk wrote handy Lua Scripts for Mesen and FCEUX that will track which overworld screens you've been to.

The link to the download is on the Original Post :)

Screenshots!

Moblins ran the villagers of Kakariko out of town long ago:

Yet some brave souls still hide in their basements:

Just trying to impress Vanya with this one:

Awe Cononuts:

Secrets being a little less secretive:

Hyrule has a snitch:

That Secret Screen:

lexluthermiester

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
Re: Infinite Hyrule - Legend of Zelda Overworld Randomizer [Updated to v2.0!]
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2021, 09:04:00 am »
Had a thought. With the Kakariko Village option the game GFX are a bit mismatched. Perhaps for a future version you might implement the application of a GFX pack with the Links Awakening tiles to match the Kakariko Village GFX.

ShadowOne333 has a pack that he might be willing to share if you ask.

Other than that, this is an excellent utility. Well done indeed!

Vanya

• View Profile
Re: Infinite Hyrule - Legend of Zelda Overworld Randomizer [Updated!]
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2021, 09:19:43 am »
Just trying to impress Vanya with this one:

lol! Well done! Huzzah! :D
Kudos for adding in the village biome and the palm trees, too. ;)

TheChristoph

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2021, 08:24:12 pm »
I've been playing this like a madman all weekend. It's fantastic! It plays perfectly with Z1R. I had two weird instances on separate seeds. 37242081 with map spoilers on: I spawned on a beach on the leftmost part of the maps. Some of the screens on the leftmost column did not have rock or beach barriers; you could walk to the left and wrap around to the right. 13028628 with map spoilers off: the power bracelet and the ladder heart container spawned on the same screen. When I collected the bracelet, the heart container disappeared forever.

Garmy

• Filthy gemini
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2021, 03:13:50 am »
Awesome, I'm glad youre enjoying it!

I took a look at the first seed and can reproduce that bug. I'll work on that soon and release an update.

For the second one, did the Bracelet spawn underneath one of the Armos Statues? I'll assume that's what happened and I will debug that. Please private message me if that's not what happened.

Thanks for the reports!

TheChristoph

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2021, 05:49:09 pm »
Awesome, I'm glad youre enjoying it!

I took a look at the first seed and can reproduce that bug. I'll work on that soon and release an update.

For the second one, did the Bracelet spawn underneath one of the Armos Statues? I'll assume that's what happened and I will debug that. Please private message me if that's not what happened.

Thanks for the reports!

Yes, the bracelet spawned under an Armos. If you generate the seed and check out the map, it's cell E4 (going by Excel nomenclature).

Garmy

• Filthy gemini
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2021, 02:23:57 pm »
Alright those bugs fixes have been made. The newest version is 2.10 and is immediately available at The Bitbucket Repo and will soon be available on the RHDN entry. Thanks again for the bug report! :)

Change Log:

- Fixed a bug related to Coast Screens sometimes building a gap on the edge that leads off the map.
- Fixed a bug where the Armos Item would sometimes spawn on the same screen as the overworld item.
- Added a new compatibility condition to Z1R: Overworld Quest must be set to 1st Quest or the seed may be unbeatable.