News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Landstalker  (Read 9271 times)

GhaleonUnlimited

• View Profile
    • Phantasy Star Generation 4 + "Found in Fanslation" Podcast
Re: Landstalker
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2021, 10:07:32 am »
FYI, I started working on an Uncensored patch, and these tools have made that possible. ;)

Beyond the info on TCRF (allowing entry to the bath scene, changing back the censored items and the pertaining script), are there any other localization issues to fix?

I already have a patch changing Nigel's name to Ryle, that was super easy, but I'd rather wait to release a full "English uncensored" patch.

Also, idk if anyone noticed, but there is a new French hack of LS that uncensors the bath scene (but not the items) and says it makes the bath accessible and adds a "Zero Shadow Patch".
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 08:04:17 pm by GhaleonUnlimited »
Phantasy Star Generation 4: A PSIV Retranslation
"Found in Fanslation" Podcast
http://PSIV.GamesDoneLegit.com

Thirteen 1355

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2021, 10:09:08 am »
Exciting! I really enjoyed this game for what it was! I'd gladly replay it someday with these changes.
Helicoptering about till I find some ROM hacking treasure.

GhaleonUnlimited

• View Profile
    • Phantasy Star Generation 4 + "Found in Fanslation" Podcast
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2021, 08:02:05 pm »
Updates: French patch creator got back to me, and he's very friendly!  I'm sure they can help w/ the bath scene uncensor.

Also there's a disassembly out there, and the author also got back to me right away. Items aren't possible to edit with it yet, but he's going to work on it some more :)

A Spanish patch on RHDN features the uncensored items, so clearly he found a way without the disassembly, and I hope they'll be willing to help.

I'm playing through the game for the first time actually, but the last poster (Miles) offered to help translate a few of the lines that were clearly censored (Madam Yard's place, getting drunk off diet cola, Friday commenting on the "shortcake"), and I'm just cleaning up the rest of the text for typos and awkward phrasing.

Script overall seems fine, and without a full translation handy, I don't want to mess with it too much.

I made the debug mode active, without a code, as well.

Alt control patch I don't have working yet with the PAL ROM, but that'll be not hard to figure out, will just take me some looking into since it doesn't automatically work with the PAL ROM, so I might have to hexedit manually using IPS Peek or something.(ROM is running fine on my real USA Genesis with the NTSC patch).

If anyone has any info for me to pay attention to as I work on this, it'd be appreciated!

DREAM TO DO: Add a toggle-able 2x walk speed (idk if that's even possible. But a Game Genie code implements it but it's always on. With debug mode, you can press C on controller 2 to enable super-fast walk speed, so maybe someone more of a programmer can figure that out).
Phantasy Star Generation 4: A PSIV Retranslation
"Found in Fanslation" Podcast
http://PSIV.GamesDoneLegit.com

darthvaderx

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2021, 08:57:59 am »
I think there is already a patch out. What we would need more is improved localization with the original character names (Nigel = Ryle and so on).

And where can I find this patch? I've searched all over the web and haven't found it anywhere.

See my hacks channel including some of my works:

https://www.youtube.com/user/MyWashington2/videos

RetroProf

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2021, 05:00:25 am »
I have a Mega Drive flash cart, but I've put off replaying this specifically because I've been hoping for a decensor patch that reverts the script and items.

I already added the alternate controls patch and had a quick test, and it worked well. So I'd love to be able to integrate that with the retranslation / decensor.

What's this "0 shadow patch" I've read about? Does it add a shadow? Or does it remove one? You know... I can't even recall if Nigel had a shadow before!

The option to activate faster walk could be nice, though some sections in town might be trickier to walk around?

Anyway, just wanted to voice my support for this.

TentaculeVerte

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2021, 05:43:23 am »
You can find different patches for the french rom here:

https://github.com/Tentacule/Landstalker/tree/master/ips

For the '0' shadow patch, in the original rom the shadow of the zero in the statusbar was missing.

The bath scene patch comes from the Spanish translation, I have created a version for the French rom (Big thank to Paspallas who provided me the tools he was using), a patch for the uk rom can easily be done as it's the base rom for the Spanish translation, but it'll require more work for the us rom.

I didn't created a separate patch for the items now, but that won't be difficult as I already got that integrated in the translation I'm working on.

And once again a very big thank you to LordMir and Gufino for their amazing work !
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 05:56:26 am by TentaculeVerte »

darthvaderx

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2021, 01:34:58 pm »
You can find different patches for the french rom here:

https://github.com/Tentacule/Landstalker/tree/master/ips

For the '0' shadow patch, in the original rom the shadow of the zero in the statusbar was missing.

The bath scene patch comes from the Spanish translation, I have created a version for the French rom (Big thank to Paspallas who provided me the tools he was using), a patch for the uk rom can easily be done as it's the base rom for the Spanish translation, but it'll require more work for the us rom.

I didn't created a separate patch for the items now, but that won't be difficult as I already got that integrated in the translation I'm working on.

And once again a very big thank you to LordMir and Gufino for their amazing work !

I'm sorry for my silly question but apart from the ones you mentioned, the other patches also work in the original rom or just in the French translation?
See my hacks channel including some of my works:

https://www.youtube.com/user/MyWashington2/videos

TentaculeVerte

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2021, 04:07:27 pm »
I just created a patch to restore japanese censored sprites, it'll work with all roms. Unfortunatly it's not the case for the other patches but I'll try to work on that.

Edit: added bath scene patches for all roms.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 07:56:04 am by TentaculeVerte »