News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: The Entire SNES Goemon Series Translated  (Read 7150 times)

RHDNBot

Translations: The Entire SNES Goemon Series Translated
« on: August 26, 2020, 11:48:27 am »

Update By: Pennywise

A major milestone has been reached in the fan translation community. The entire Ganbare Goemon series for the SNES has been fan translated into English thanks to the hard work and dedication of DDSTranslations, Tom and FlashPV. To complete the series, they have recently released 3 translation patches for:

Long live Goemon!

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link

mikeprado30

• View Profile
Re: Translations: The Entire SNES Goemon Series Translated
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2020, 02:19:52 pm »
Those guys IMHO are nowadays on the same height as DeJap team.  Their efforts have been amazing (Tengai Makyou Zero, Majin Tensei I-II, Last Bible III, and especially BREAKING THE GOEMON 2 CURSE).

Can't thank'em enough for their tremendous work.

aqualung

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2020, 03:05:02 pm »
Sorry for the slight offtopic: from what I've read via Twitter, apparently, they're also working on one of the Super Chinese snes games, the sequel of Super Ninja Boy (which was going to be officially released as "Galactic Defender" but the project was canceled).

lastdual

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2020, 03:31:47 pm »
Another big milestone in fan translations! Thanks & congratulations for making this wonderful series fully playable in English :beer:

mikeprado30

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2020, 03:48:13 pm »
Another big milestone in fan translations! Thanks & congratulations for making this wonderful series fully playable in English :beer:
And be prepared, because Tom is also ready to translate the GB games on a foreseeable future :)

Special

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2020, 03:50:57 pm »
Excellent news, Goemon is such an underrated series, glad it's all in English now.

Also thought Tom retired? Either way, if he's back, awesome news! Because that is such a loss to the scene, if not, glad he was able to finish these ones off to complete the series.

UncleDolan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2020, 04:58:28 pm »
Thank you so much. I love wired Japanese Games. i own a  goemon 1 cartrigde  and i remember writting down this very long passwords. I also played the translation of goemen 2 and 3 and and they make me so laugh. This are real good news.  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2020, 06:02:32 pm »
Also thought Tom retired? Either way, if he's back, awesome news! Because that is such a loss to the scene, if not, glad he was able to finish these ones off to complete the series.
From what I understand he still does things, he just does things in a tiny bit lower profile than before.

mikeprado30

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2020, 07:19:02 pm »
Thankfully he's back :)

EvilJagaGenius

• View Profile
    • The Jaga's Nest
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2020, 09:05:57 pm »
Amen to that, may he continue doing what he loves.

While I would love to have a translation of the GBA ports as I play on mine a lot, these look lovely.  I look forward to firing up bsnes and busting out the gamepad again.  Many thanks to everyone who's contributed to translating the series!

DrDimension

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2020, 03:04:30 am »
Congratulations!

This is the final Super Famicon translation that I need for my collection! There are a couple other games, but I don't think they'll ever ship, so I'm considering my collection complete!

BTW, is there a known bug for Goemon 4 translation where you get some garbage after the death text disappears ("Damn!")? Just want to make sure there isn't some crazy anomaly on my end.

kaiisen

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2020, 05:06:19 am »
I can finally start exploring this series. It's amazing when whole series gets translated, I can't express enough. I always postponed playing The Legend Of The Mystical Ninja and now I have so many reasons to. Thank you so much!  :cookie::beer:

A.W. Laris Borromeo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2020, 09:49:52 am »
So Goemon SNES games got translated, and I think either the Gameboy or the N64 games are next.
By the way Ganbare Goemon Kirakira Douchuu got two revisions, are you making a patch for those revisions? Any difference with those revisions?
I believe the morning sun, always gonna shine again.

SylarDean

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2020, 10:15:15 am »
NICE! well done to the team for making this happen, I do however have 2 genuine questions that i'm curious about...

Go for it! Goemon - rescue of Princess Yuki ..

1. wasn't this already translated and released in English officially for the SNES? released as Legend of the Mystical Ninja.

2. What's the differences between this translation and the official one? other than there's now no password screen cos it saves to a separate .SRM file instead if you use the patch.

cccmar

• View Profile
    • Nebulous Translations site
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2020, 10:20:07 am »
AFAIK the names were changed and there was some censorship going on in the SNES version (Legend of the Mystical Ninja). It's kinda similar to that Super Ninja Boy game for the SNES, there was also supposedly some censorship/translation errors.

G061

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2020, 01:33:27 pm »
Amazing work DDSTranslations, Tom and FlashPV. You guys pretty much unearthed an entire legacy unknown to people outside japan and no matter where you stand it's hard not to look at that work and be impressed imo. I'm super thankful for your time and effort. Thank you!!!

Q

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • Meow, busy hackers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2020, 02:04:09 pm »
Awesome work! Been wanting to check out these games for a few years now, so big thanks to the folks behind these patches.
Sneko, the Super Nintendo Entertainment Kitty, wishes you luck.

Chaud

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2020, 06:22:21 pm »
This was such a legendary event that I finally created my profile just to comment here!  :D

I've been using this site for years, and actually, I've been following hacks and fan translations for literally decades! And the Ganbare Goemon series has always been something I regretted never seeing translated into English. Amazing work, guys! I really appreciate the team's work, this is something I've been waiting for almost 20 years! I can't wait to start playing! Thanks to everyone involved!

Fei Wong

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2020, 04:06:38 pm »
I was In a long hiatus, mainly because my pc is broken, but recently I was searching and I was blown away when I saw that GG2 and 3 were translated, and then 4!! And then 1 and 2 into Spanish! And even the Ebisu puzzle game!!! And then i read someone was working on the first psx game!!!
After all the crisis in the world, karma really hit the wall with this to me.

THANK YOU TO ALL THE PEOPLE INVOLVED HERE, TO ME YOU ARE REAL HEROES.

kikujade

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2020, 08:45:03 pm »
Someone told me over twitter that the first Snes Goemon (localized as legend of mystical ninja in our continent), has 3 versions: The japanese version, the US prototype discovered some time ago, and the localized US release. All 3 versions have exclusive content, such as levels and what not. Wouldn't it be awesome if someone made a "Director's Cut" with the exclusive content of all 3 versions put into one single expanded rom, using Tom and DDS's translation?, that would be the definitive version to play ( or replay hehehe).

August 31, 2020, 08:46:08 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
So Goemon SNES games got translated, and I think either the Gameboy or the N64 games are next.
By the way Ganbare Goemon Kirakira Douchuu got two revisions, are you making a patch for those revisions? Any difference with those revisions?

The N64 games are were both localized. It would be a waste to relocalize them.

August 31, 2020, 08:49:58 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
I was In a long hiatus, mainly because my pc is broken, but recently I was searching and I was blown away when I saw that GG2 and 3 were translated, and then 4!! And then 1 and 2 into Spanish! And even the Ebisu puzzle game!!! And then i read someone was working on the first psx game!!!
After all the crisis in the world, karma really hit the wall with this to me.

THANK YOU TO ALL THE PEOPLE INVOLVED HERE, TO ME YOU ARE REAL HEROES.

I feel the same way about TOM and DDS, but hopefully, whomever is doing the PSX one does finish it, most translations are started and never completed. Still though, I'm rooting for them as well, I'm dying to play the PSX entries in english as soon as I'm done with the Snes iterations.