News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: [Help] Problem with the Adventures of Lolo 3: level editor  (Read 470 times)

john458

• View Profile
[Help] Problem with the Adventures of Lolo 3: level editor
« on: August 25, 2020, 07:05:31 am »
Hi. I have a problem with the level editor for the game Adventures of Lolo 3 on the NES https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/759/. I wanted to create new levels, but I can't do this because of the incorrect display of the sprite "Fish", already directly in the game itself. I tried the editor in both Windows 7 x64 and Windows XP SP3. I emulate ROM games in FCEUX x64, x86 (Windows) and in the NES.emu emulator for the Android platform.

Here is a screenshot of what the "Fish" sprite looks like in the game (outlined in blue).
Spoiler:

Sprite "Fish" in the level editor.
Spoiler:

Other sprites "enemies" are displayed correctly during rum emulation.

The editor was used by me in the ROMs:

Adventures of Lolo 3 (U) [!].nes - GoodNES 3.14
Adventures of Lolo 3 (USA).nes - No-Intro
Adventures of Lolo 2 (J).nes - GoodNES 3.14
Adventures of Lolo 3 (U) [!p]

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
Re: [Help] Problem with the Adventures of Lolo 3: level editor
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2020, 11:23:08 am »
I'm going to take a wild guess and suggest that perhaps the "fish" only display properly in the water-themed levels?
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

john458

• View Profile
Re: [Help] Problem with the Adventures of Lolo 3: level editor
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2020, 12:12:46 pm »
I'm going to take a wild guess and suggest that perhaps the "fish" only display properly in the water-themed levels?

Yes, you were right. Very and very it is a pity that cannot be use "Fish" in other themes. It is also a pity that the editor does not have reflective mirrors (crystals) how it's done in Revival! Eggerland. Also, it is not possible to apply elements like "lava" and "water" simultaneously. That is, you can use it (in the editor itself), but in the game water is strangely displayed as lava.

Thank you so much for the tip.