News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: What is going on with some reviews or hack entries disappearing from queue?  (Read 862 times)

ShadowOne333

• View Profile
I always keep track of the submission queue to see what neat new hacks, translations or reviews might be coming up to the database.

However, as of late I've been noticing that there are some review entries that just plain out phase out and end up not appearing at all, simply vanishing from the submission queue, but not being accepted to the hack page that they submitted the review for. Some hack and translation entries have been following the same steps, but for those I can understand why they might not appear (being rejected for lack of info, wrong hashes, wrong images, etc.).

But for reviews, I find it weird that they simply end up not appearing.
My question is, what is going on with the reviews that have been submitted but end up not appearing at all?
What is the reasoning behind this? Not to bash or anything, I'm just curious as to what is the process for these and if there are any rules that might affect the reviews being accepted.

Supergamerguy

• Retro game fanatic; loves platformers, hates jrpgs
    • View Profile
Same, I've also been noticing that some hacks are being rejected, but then not reappearing.

The plot thickens...... :huh:
Dah-nuh-nuh-nah! Super fighting robot! Dah-nuh-nah-nah! MEGA MAN! Fighting.......to save.......the world!!!!!

USC

• Submission Reviewer
  • Obviously Outdated
    • View Profile
Likely because the review fell into one of the non-permitted categories based on the Review policy: http://www.romhacking.net/policy/#Reviews

In my experience, the most common reason is the review is *solely* pointing a bug or an issue with running it (E.g. it doesn't work with their particular emulator), without actually reviewing the hack itself. Hope that helps clarify!

ShadowOne333

• View Profile
Likely because the review fell into one of the non-permitted categories based on the Review policy: http://www.romhacking.net/policy/#Reviews

In my experience, the most common reason is the review is *solely* pointing a bug or an issue with running it (E.g. it doesn't work with their particular emulator), without actually reviewing the hack itself. Hope that helps clarify!
Oh I see.
So those reviews most likely contained bug reports or other stuff of that vein.
That explains it, as some reviews tend to do that from what I've seen.

Thanks for the link and explanation!