News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Requesting Help with Wiiscrubber  (Read 1340 times)

Tesseratops

• View Profile
Requesting Help with Wiiscrubber
« on: August 08, 2020, 03:16:35 am »
Hello! I'm the latest in a line of fools trying to make a translation patch for Giftpia, and I would appreciate help rebuilding files so I can check and see how I'm doing. Apparently wiiscrubber would work well, but I'm not sure how to use it. Any help understanding it would be appreciated! Also if I've put this in the wrong place, please let me know and I'll move it at once.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 05:47:19 pm by Tesseratops »

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
Re: Requesting Help with Wiiscrubber
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2020, 12:59:00 pm »
As you say, people have worked on this game before. Have you not been able to find any prior work to build off of?
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

FAST6191

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2020, 02:23:24 pm »
Wii scrubber can indeed extract files. You usually have to prime it with the public keys and from there it should be fairly obvious.

That said most people will probably point you at https://wit.wiimm.de/ if you have aspirations towards a full translation rather than pulling a file or two to look at.

Tesseratops

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2020, 05:52:47 pm »
As you say, people have worked on this game before. Have you not been able to find any prior work to build off of?
Unfortunately, the best I've found is a tumblr post by a fellow amateur. I've been trying to follow along, but he doesn't list what programs he uses to rebuild or share any of the files he's made. It's been more helpful than you might expect but I've definitely been working blind.

Tesseratops

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2020, 05:56:33 pm »
Wii scrubber can indeed extract files. You usually have to prime it with the public keys and from there it should be fairly obvious.

That said most people will probably point you at https://wit.wiimm.de/ if you have aspirations towards a full translation rather than pulling a file or two to look at.
I didn't actually realize until recently that the proper term I should have been using is "rebuilding". I can extract the files with Dolphin, I just can't put it back together. Apparently wit also doesn't work with gamecube isos? I haven't tried it yet, that's just what I've read elsewhere.