News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: My translations of NES games into Spanish  (Read 827 times)

sics

• Contact me!
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart: Terwilf
My translations of NES games into Spanish
« on: August 01, 2020, 03:04:02 am »
Hi! It has been a while since we last saw each other, but today I am going to present a first look at the patches in Spanish that I will be publishing soon on the site :thumbsup:

Here where it says "FIN" should say "FINALIZAR".

Visually it seems very strange to replace the classic "HI" with MAX, but I suppose it is a valid adaptation.

I thought about replacing "PLAYERS" with "HUMANOS since the text on the screen for both players is a shared resource, but I remembered that it is not an apocalyptic hack xD

I feel more than proud of this work, it was very hard, but it looks pretty similar to what I had planned.

... cheese.

It took several days to get this result, but it was worth it :D

I opened this game by mistake, but it was easy to translate, spoiler is boring :V

The way the texts in this game are written is unnecessarily complicated, but the process of understanding it was definitely fascinating ^_^

In this case it was extremely difficult to optimize the graphics to get enough space for the custom font of the speech bubbles.

I couldn't decide how to adapt the HUD, so go the easy way ...

Unlike my other works, this translation is of very poor quality, it abuses puns, among other things... :/

The criteria with which I translate the games has been changing since I started this project, but in general I translated everything I felt necessary, without cut-off words, or too far-fetched terms, and as always with the goal in mind of achieving the cleanest possible result.

In this sense, I still have other jobs that still do not meet my expectations, but I will do my best to improve them.

On the other hand I have also been experimenting with mixing various features of various hacks and supplementing them with my own content, among other things, I wonder if anyone would be interested in these Frankensteins xD
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 03:12:40 am by sics »

Ray572

• View Profile
Re: My translations of NES games into Spanish
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2020, 06:14:29 pm »
Thanks Sics, these contributions are appreciated. :beer:
Have you thought about blog and forwarding your patches there ?, since romhacking is limited to putting patches in spanish, if not ask Wave.

ArkthePieKing

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2020, 07:38:58 pm »
Dude that's a lot of games! Way to put in the work, good job. I only speak English myself but it's always so exciting to see translations into other languages. I love knowing that my hobby appeals to people all over the world, it's really nice. Keep it up! ;D ;D ;D

vhr2121

• Vincent Hernandez! Cool Story, Bro!
    • View Profile
    • Vincent's Hidden Gaming Place
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2020, 06:58:25 am »
Hey, this is pretty nice! As a Spanish speaking user this sure will come in handy, especially since I've played most of these games you worked on and I have fond memories of them.

¡Gracias por tu trabajo!

peixemacaco

• 70 65 69 78 65 6d 61 63 61 63 6f
    • View Profile
    • Old peixemacaco site found
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2020, 02:20:43 pm »
Just to say how much I love Zippy Race and Circus Charlie!  :woot!:

Buenas traduciones usted ha hecho sics! Felicitaciones de un brasileño...jajaja
Great translation you did, sics! Congrats from a brazilian... lol

And your Nes Sonic was very much commented even in a FB Mega Drive Community in Brazil

Nelson
Super Monaco GP... It garnered an at-the-time unprecedented 10–10–9–9 rating from Electronic Gaming Monthly's Review and wasn`t a F Indy title.

sics

• Contact me!
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart: Terwilf
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2020, 02:21:03 am »
Thanks it is great that regardless of where we come from we share the same passion :beer:

On the other hand, for these translations (in general) the sprites have been optimized, increasing the free space to work, and even the most important pointers have been modified.

So with the help of a file comparison program it would be extremely simple to find the necessary data to adapt this translation to other languages :thumbsup:

I would love to create a youtube channel or a blog, to share my hacks and the techniques with which I can fill them out, since being self-taught my work differs greatly from other hackers, compensating my lack of technical knowledge and skill with ingenuity, simplifying complicated tasks and speeding up your process along the way :laugh:

But I don't know, it's hard for me to imagine, I'm too insecure ::)

Some new progress:

The term "left" was replaced by life, since the long length of this word was aesthetically out of keeping and I also consider that it is a concept that would not be understood correctly in Spanish.

I have to fix some details, but it's going well :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 03:35:49 am by sics »