News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda - Third & Fourth Quests [Beta Testers Wanted]  (Read 2862 times)

KevvyLava

• View Profile
Hey all, I finally got around to finishing my 3rd/4th Quest LOZ hack.  The porpoise of this hack is to provide a more traditional Zelda 1 experience with some new challenges to scratch the itch of those of us that have crushed this thing 100 times and want more of the same basic thing.  Here's a summary of what I did:

- Dungeon layouts heavily modified (including some rooms overlapping in multiple dungeons, causing some "off the grid" secrets)
- Minor changes to the overworld layout (90% unchanged)
- Some screens have the secret in a different spot, or in the case of the 2nd Quest, might require the recorder instead of the candle, etc.
- Different items found in shops
- Different items found in dungeons
- Different items found on docks & under Armos
- Just enough keys to complete each dungeon (if you screw this up somehow, you fork over the 100 rupees for a spare key)
- Minor NPC text changes for a few hints.
- The difficulty level is somewhere around the official Second Quest, with some moments being harder/easier
- The Second Quest in this hack takes a few extra liberties as far as the locations of heart containers and a few other things.

*Just as a warning, there are a couple of instances where it appears that part of a dungeon isn't accessible (1st Quest Level 9 comes to mind), but I can assure you that you CAN access these areas without any glitches/screenwraps/whatever.  You don't need to be able to do LackAttack24-style glitches to beat this.  It's meant for regular Zelda fans to be able to play through.

**Yes, there's an enemy in some dungeons that animates weird and behaves unexpectedly.  This was done on porpoise.

Base rom: The Legend of Zelda (U) (PRG0)
Hash data: CRC32 D7AE93DF

I'd love some feedback on this, and if anyone wants to send a list of bugs or things that are missing, that'd be cool.  There shouldn't be much, as it's been extensively playtested by me. And a year or so ago, a couple of other people ran through it with no problems.  It's really the 2nd Quest on here that no one's seen yet.

Here's a link to the patch: https://mega.nz/file/MRESAQLb#_n4FQi0NcBvt0Je4LNWjZWD6VbzAQnRb4lClSikdKzg

Have a great night, everyone.

-Kevin

ultimaweapon

• View Profile
Re: The Legend of Zelda - Third & Fourth Quests [Beta Testers Wanted]
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2020, 07:59:50 pm »
I've played through the 1st 4 dungeons, and overall it's good, but there are a few things that irritate me.

1. 2 Patras in Dungeon 4 is overkill especially for that early in the game and no White Sword let alone the Magical Sword

2. Getting to this point in the game and no White Sword doesn't make sense.

3. You had to get the Stepladder from Dungeon 4 to go back to beat Dungeon 1 was strange... but ok.

4. I have found every Dungeon, but have still not found the White Sword, Magical Sword, or the 5th Heart Container. I can only assume I need the Flute to find it.

Here are some changes I thought wee cool.

1. Buying the Raft and Bow.

2. Finding the Red Candle in the overworld instead of Dungeon 7. You actually get worthwhile use out of it.

3. Location Of Dungeons. There were a little tough to find, but that's cool. It's part of the challenge.

I will continue playing tomorrow after work and update my thoughts.
Trust in the Heart of the Cards

KevvyLava

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2020, 08:14:30 pm »
I've played through the 1st 4 dungeons, and overall it's good, but there are a few things that irritate me.

1. 2 Patras in Dungeon 4 is overkill especially for that early in the game and no White Sword let alone the Magical Sword

2. Getting to this point in the game and no White Sword doesn't make sense.

3. You had to get the Stepladder from Dungeon 4 to go back to beat Dungeon 1 was strange... but ok.

4. I have found every Dungeon, but have still not found the White Sword, Magical Sword, or the 5th Heart Container. I can only assume I need the Flute to find it.

Here are some changes I thought wee cool.

1. Buying the Raft and Bow.

2. Finding the Red Candle in the overworld instead of Dungeon 7. You actually get worthwhile use out of it.

3. Location Of Dungeons. There were a little tough to find, but that's cool. It's part of the challenge.

I will continue playing tomorrow after work and update my thoughts.

I appreciate your feedback.  The White Sword is accessible after you get the Power Bracelet in Level 3.  There's a hint that "Gleeok guards the Power Bracelet."  But I can see how it would be a huge pain in the ass with the Wooden Sword.  My intention was that people would have stumbled upon the White Sword once they got the Power Bracelet since it's in a location that is important in the original game.  The only caveat is that it's not accessible from the same direction as in the original.  So think about where the most important items were in the original 1st Quest and check in those spots.  Since you have the Stepladder, it should make it easier for you.

Also, I'm not sure why you are saying you needed the Stepladder to finish Level 1.  There's a stairway that brings you to the other part of the level.

ultimaweapon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2020, 11:30:52 am »
I did find the White Sword and played Dungeons 5 & 6. I am not a fan of their design. Plus unless I missed something, there's no way of getting the map of Dungeon 5 although you can make it appear in Dungeon 6. If there's a way to get to that map, I surely missed it.

I'm at Dungeon 7, and the map resembles the vanilla Dungeon 8, so that's cool. I have yet to mind the Magical Sword anywhere in the overworld, so I can only assume I need the Flute for this. I've also yet to find the Wand, so I'm guessing that's in Dungeon 7.

I'm guessing the Red Ring and Silver Arrows are in Dungeon 9 like the vanilla game. But I do have a question. If you're the unfortunate victim of having a Like Like take your Magical Shield, how do you get another one? Are you just out of luck? With as many Wizzrobes you have in these dungeons, that would be unfortunate to not get another one.

KevvyLava

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2020, 11:57:31 am »
I did find the White Sword and played Dungeons 5 & 6. I am not a fan of their design. Plus unless I missed something, there's no way of getting the map of Dungeon 5 although you can make it appear in Dungeon 6. If there's a way to get to that map, I surely missed it.

I'm at Dungeon 7, and the map resembles the vanilla Dungeon 8, so that's cool. I have yet to mind the Magical Sword anywhere in the overworld, so I can only assume I need the Flute for this. I've also yet to find the Wand, so I'm guessing that's in Dungeon 7.

I'm guessing the Red Ring and Silver Arrows are in Dungeon 9 like the vanilla game. But I do have a question. If you're the unfortunate victim of having a Like Like take your Magical Shield, how do you get another one? Are you just out of luck? With as many Wizzrobes you have in these dungeons, that would be unfortunate to not get another one.

When I made this hack, I expected that people would be more annoyed with Level 7 than 5 or 6.  What is it that you didn't like about 5 and 6?  They're smaller and pretty easy to figure out, I think.  To get the map in Level 5, you just walk through a wall in the first room.

Red Ring and Silver Arrow are in Level 9, yes.  Maybe I should add another Magical Shield somewhere, maybe in a hidden shop or something?  In the short term, you could always find the Letter and stock up on 2nd Potions.  Whistle is required to get the Letter and the Magical Sword.

aml435

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2020, 01:22:26 pm »

Also, I'm not sure why you are saying you needed the Stepladder to finish Level 1.  There's a stairway that brings you to the other part of the level.

If I remember, I think you do have to walk through a wall, like in the second quest of Zelda, to beat the first level without a ladder.

ultimaweapon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2020, 12:26:47 pm »
Maybe it's just me, but I have yet to find the Magical Sword or Dungeon 8. I found the Letter. This is driving me batty!  :banghead:

I've burned every bush, bombed every wall, and played the flute on every screen, and still nothing. And I can't attempt Dungeon 9 without completing 8.

KevvyLava

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2020, 02:36:32 pm »
Level 8 is in the Death Mountain area.  You need the Whistle to get the Magic Sword.  You use it to visit a screen that you can only access with the Whistle.

ultimaweapon

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2020, 12:57:11 pm »
I knew I had already found Dungeon 8, but in my frustration looking for the Magical Sword, I forgot where I found it.
Now that I beat Quest 1, let me give my feedback so far.

Criticisms:

1. There are only 3 clues in the entire game. Fans of the original Zelda may  be able to figure things out, but people new to the franchise would be completely lost. You have clues to fine Dungeon 1, 6 and how to get out of the Lost Woods. Even the clue to Dungeon 6 is a generic clue from the vanilla game. There should be a clue to every dungeon preferably inside of the dungeons as well as getting through The Lost Woods, finding the Magical Sword, and going the Mountains in case you ever decide to change it from Up, Up, Up, Up.

2. Linking some of the dungeons together is fine, but it's confusing to the average player. You should leave some clues about that as well as do some sort of pallet change in the room to indicate that room is linked to another dungeon. Just make those rooms stand out a bit more.

3. Item placement in this game is a bit horrendous with the exception of a few items. Let me explain. Buying the Raft would have been fine if it had more than 1 use like in the vanilla game. Since it only has 1 use, it was pointless to buy. Since the Flute is recovered in Dungeon 6, the Raft would have been better suited where the Letter is located. Dungeon 7 only containing a Blue Potion is ridiculous. With this game being harder than the original, Dungeon 7 would have been the perfect place for the Red Ring. You currently have the Red Ring in the room before Ganon.  The Red Ring basically served no purpose. The location of the Lion Key would feel special if you made the door leading to Ganon a locked door. It would give it the Big Key feeling in ALTTP. Now, the location of the Red Candle is genius. Leaving a clue about it would make it feel special instead of you finding it by accident. There was a Money or Life room in Dungeon 8 that served no purpose other that to take your money. You can't exit through any of the walls and just have to turn around. It's pointless to pay money and have no way to proceed. Getting the Letter after you've beaten 6 dungeons isn't good when you have Dungeon 4 and 2 Patras to contend with. You should be able to get that letter prior to Dungeon 4. You could even put the Letter in Dungeon 4 and move the Step Ladder to Dungeon 1, and go back to making the Blue Candle purchasable(just my opinion). The Magical Sword is in a fine location. Most people don't use the Flute to warp around the Overworld. They rely on the 4 Warp Tunnels, so having a clue about its location is essential. The Wand in Dungeon 8 makes it only useful to some enemies in Dungeon 9.

4. Getting 1 Magical Shield isn't good when contending with Like Likes. Having a hidden shop that requires the Flute would be good to counter that.

Positives:

1: The Dungeons and Heart Containers are well hidden. Nothing there needs to be changed. Even the White Sword and Magical Sword are in good locations.

2: Buying the Bow and finding the Red Candle in the Overworld were great choices.

3: Dungeon designs are good. Overworld changes are also good.

Things that would be good to include:

1. Faster text

2. Easier to get bombs(enemies dropping them a little bit more often).

3. Currently there are 0 secrets in the Graveyard. Great place add some things like a clue or Rupees or hidden shop.

I'm going to start Quest 2 tonight, and once I'm done, I'll add further thoughts.

KevvyLava

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2020, 03:35:02 pm »
Thank you for your feedback.  Looking forward to hearing what you think of the 2nd Quest.  Took a few more liberties on that one.

I think some of your ideas make sense and will be included in a revision:

- A few more hints
- Move the Red Ring to an earlier point in the game
- Eliminate the need to purchase the Raft since it's only used once (possibly making the Magical Shield a shop item instead?)
- Graveyard secrets in 1st Quest
- Magic Wand earlier in the Quest

Things that I did on porpoise and intend to keep the way they are:

- Blue Candle stays in Level 1 because it opens up that side of the map via Lost Woods hint, thereby forcing you to find Level 1 first.
- No Stepladder in Level 1 (not needed to complete Levels 1-3 and would make Level 4 a total joke).  It's also required to get the Recorder and to enter Level 5 to get the Magical Shield and More Bombs, etc.
- Letter available after finding the Recorder (might provide extra Potions though)

Things I don't know how to do:

- Speed up text
- Change the palette on single screens in a dungeon (isn't that dictated by the Level # that you're in when you enter?)
- Make enemies drop bombs more often (aside from selecting enemy groups that are more likely to drop them in the first place?)

-Kevin

ultimaweapon

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2020, 06:29:48 pm »
Thank you for your feedback.  Looking forward to hearing what you think of the 2nd Quest.  Took a few more liberties on that one.

I look forward to seeing your surprises there.[/1]

I think some of your ideas make sense and will be included in a revision:

- A few more hints
- Move the Red Ring to an earlier point in the game
- Eliminate the need to purchase the Raft since it's only used once (possibly making the Magical Shield a shop item instead?)
- Graveyard secrets in 1st Quest
- Magic Wand earlier in the Quest

As far as the hints, just change 1 room in every dungeon to provide a hint to the next dungeon. As far as the Overworld, Magical Sword, Letter, Red Candle & maybe White Sword are the only hints you need. Graveyard and top right corner before the heart container would be 2 good places.
The Raft would have been a good item to purchase had you given it more use. For it to only be used for getting to Level 7 made it not worth it. You could add the Magical Shield there, but to not undermine picking it up from Level 5, I'd suggest creating a shop you need to access with the Flute.
Funny thing is Quest 2 in the vanilla game also has the Magic Wand in Level 8, but with those enemies so easily beaten with the White Sword and Arrows and 3 Dodongos as the boss, nobody goes to Level 8 last but before they tackle Level 4 so the Wand has more purpose. In your hack, it's best to do the levels in order thus reducing the value of the Wand.
This is my suggestion. Leave the Wand in 8. Put the Flute in 5, Letter in 6, and Red Ring in 7. Swap the locations of Level 5 & 6, and make 6 revealed by the Flute. Move the Raft to the location you currently have the Letter. If you keep the Flute in 6, then put the Letter in 5. Make the shop for the Magical Shield only access by playing the Flute. Graveyard would be a good choice.

Things that I did on porpoise and intend to keep the way they are:

- Blue Candle stays in Level 1 because it opens up that side of the map via Lost Woods hint, thereby forcing you to find Level 1 first.
- No Stepladder in Level 1 (not needed to complete Levels 1-3 and would make Level 4 a total joke).  It's also required to get the Recorder and to enter Level 5 to get the Magical Shield and More Bombs, etc.
- Letter available after finding the Recorder (might provide extra Potions though)

I understand the delay for the Letter, but the Magical Shield and Raft are better choices for needing the Flute in my opinion.

Things I don't know how to do:

- Speed up text
- Change the palette on single screens in a dungeon (isn't that dictated by the Level # that you're in when you enter?)
- Make enemies drop bombs more often (aside from selecting enemy groups that are more likely to drop them in the first place?)

I understand. I know The3Dude has been busy, but he would be a great choice to help with this. I think ShadowOne333 also knows how to speed up the text.

I'm finally off the clock, so I will get started on Quest 2.

Update: I just finished Level 1, and to my dismay, NO HEART CONTAINER! RAGE QUIT!
What happened to the heart container in Level 1? I hope every dungeon isn't like this.

August 09, 2020, 11:31:11 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
I've been playing Quest 2, and I'm nearly done. I just need to find the final heart container and play Level 9. I have 15 of 16 heart containers. Let me critique this for you now.

This has NOT been fun! There are god good and bad things about this quest, so let's break them down.

Bad or questionable things:

1. No heart containers awarded for defeating the bosses of each dungeon. One would think with as challenging as the levels are, there would be some kind of reward, but nope.

2. Way too much back tracking: You have too many tunnels in the dungeons that warp you back to the beginning of the dungeon creating a very frustrating experience. Every tunnel should lead you somewhere forward in the tunnel and not back to the beginning.

3. Item placement is definitely flawed in this Quest. Plus there are absolutely no items in Level 8 which is absolutely ridiculous. No I take that back. The boss drops the Wooden Sword which you already received from the beginning of the game, so that was very pointless. Again like Quest 1, a perfect place to put the Red Ring. People will definitely want to play these levels out of order and item hunt first for the best chance at beating this hack. After collecting certain items, then go beat certain levels.

4. Just like in the 1st Quest, clues are extremely limited.

5. There is no Magical Shield in this Quest. Ridiculous

6. Not possible to get 16 heart containers.

7. Level 9 is incomplete. It can't be finished in it's current state w/o walk thru wall codes in a few areas.

Good:

1. All the Heart Containers In the Overworld. With the exception of 1 in Level 6, al of the heart containers can be found in the overworld. You'll definitely want to find bombs and the Red Candle and go Heart Container hunting before entering any dungeons. Then get the Step ladder from Level 4 and the Flute from Level 6 and hurt for the rest of the heart containers and the Magical Sword.

2. Like the 1st Quest, everything is well hidden here.

3. The Red Candle is once again found in the overworld.

4. The Lion Key is specifically used to open the door to Ganon. That actually makes the key feel special.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 11:31:11 pm by ultimaweapon »

erpster2

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2020, 06:32:56 pm »

Things that would be good to include:

1. Faster text

@ultimaweapon

KevvyLava should ask ShadowOne333 about that as he did implement some sort of faster text scrolling in his Zelda 1 Redux hack.

maybe also change the "Select" button function which quickly changes the B button item instead of pausing the game - also implemented in the Zelda 1 redux hack that I'm currently beta testing - later I'll try out KevvyLava's updated 3rd/4th quest Zelda 1 hack
« Last Edit: September 02, 2020, 06:39:29 pm by erpster2 »

KevvyLava

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2020, 08:33:33 pm »
@ultimaweapon

KevvyLava should ask ShadowOne333 about that as he did implement some sort of faster text scrolling in his Zelda 1 Redux hack.

maybe also change the "Select" button function which quickly changes the B button item instead of pausing the game - also implemented in the Zelda 1 redux hack that I'm currently beta testing - later I'll try out KevvyLava's updated 3rd/4th quest Zelda 1 hack

Thanks man. I figure I'll integrate those last little details once I get confirmation that the map/dungeon editing itself is done. I've played through it several times myself and already know a couple of parts are too hard. The "Fourth" Quest is unforgiving on one of the earlier dungeons with a Blue Wizzrobe or too, but with enough bombs it's not insanely hard. Still needs to be dialed back a bit.

ultimaweapon

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2020, 11:04:03 am »
Thanks man. I figure I'll integrate those last little details once I get confirmation that the map/dungeon editing itself is done. I've played through it several times myself and already know a couple of parts are too hard. The "Fourth" Quest is unforgiving on one of the earlier dungeons with a Blue Wizzrobe or too, but with enough bombs it's not insanely hard. Still needs to be dialed back a bit.

I've started testing it again, and there's a stairway in Level 5 that leads to the end of the level that isn't working. The game freezes when you try to enter. So far, everything else appears to be fine. You still need to redo the clues. Their order doesn't make any sense. Also, the Lost Woods needs to be redesigned. Your original version was better. Now it's more like the Lost Mountains.

KevvyLava

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2020, 02:51:07 pm »
I've started testing it again, and there's a stairway in Level 5 that leads to the end of the level that isn't working. The game freezes when you try to enter. So far, everything else appears to be fine. You still need to redo the clues. Their order doesn't make any sense. Also, the Lost Woods needs to be redesigned. Your original version was better. Now it's more like the Lost Mountains.

I'm not sure which staircase in Level 5 you are talking about.  I am looking at both of them right now in Dungeon Master and they all appear to work as intended, like they did in my playtesting.  Can you be more specific?

Also, not sure what to make of your Lost Woods comment.  I haven't changed the Lost Woods since the early revisions.

-Kevin

ultimaweapon

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2020, 03:55:03 pm »
I'm not sure which staircase in Level 5 you are talking about.  I am looking at both of them right now in Dungeon Master and they all appear to work as intended, like they did in my playtesting.  Can you be more specific?

Also, not sure what to make of your Lost Woods comment.  I haven't changed the Lost Woods since the early revisions.

-Kevin

Remember, after my last suggestion to move an item to the Lost Woods, you redesigned it to all rocks with 1 pushable rock. I had suggested you change it back to the way you had it with a burnable bush.
Here's a link with the area in Level 5 I'm referring to. That passageway leads to the end of the dungeon, but the game freezes whenever I try to enter it.

*My apologies. I'm doing too much beta testing. This is the wrong hack.  ;D

Now I just need to message the right person.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 04:13:25 pm by ultimaweapon »

erpster2

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2020, 06:11:13 am »

7. Level 9 is incomplete. It can't be finished in it's current state w/o walk thru wall codes in a few areas.

the magic shield in the 2nd quest DOES exist, ultimaweapon

Spoiler:
spoiler - it's somewhere in level 5 in a hidden room after you "push" a wall (aka. invisible door trick)
you may need to buy an extra key if you use the last dungeon key to open the "triforce" room in lvl. 5 instead of the other room where it is next to that hidden room where the magic shield is found

and I found all 13 heart containers in the 2nd quest to have 16 hearts - most of them require the flute/recorder to obtain in the overworld

---

just one minor problem in the 2nd quest:

1.  missing a "dungeon map" item in level 3 - add one

other than that, I'm nearly finished with the 2nd quest of your hack, KevvyLava
« Last Edit: September 04, 2020, 06:28:06 am by erpster2 »

KevvyLava

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2020, 08:20:07 am »

August 09, 2020, 11:31:11 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
I've been playing Quest 2, and I'm nearly done. I just need to find the final heart container and play Level 9. I have 15 of 16 heart containers. Let me critique this for you now.

This has NOT been fun! There are god good and bad things about this quest, so let's break them down.

Bad or questionable things:

1. No heart containers awarded for defeating the bosses of each dungeon. One would think with as challenging as the levels are, there would be some kind of reward, but nope.

2. Way too much back tracking: You have too many tunnels in the dungeons that warp you back to the beginning of the dungeon creating a very frustrating experience. Every tunnel should lead you somewhere forward in the tunnel and not back to the beginning.

3. Item placement is definitely flawed in this Quest. Plus there are absolutely no items in Level 8 which is absolutely ridiculous. No I take that back. The boss drops the Wooden Sword which you already received from the beginning of the game, so that was very pointless. Again like Quest 1, a perfect place to put the Red Ring. People will definitely want to play these levels out of order and item hunt first for the best chance at beating this hack. After collecting certain items, then go beat certain levels.

4. Just like in the 1st Quest, clues are extremely limited.

Good:

1. All the Heart Containers In the Overworld. With the exception of 1 in Level 6, al of the heart containers can be found in the overworld. You'll definitely want to find bombs and the Red Candle and go Heart Container hunting before entering any dungeons. Then get the Step ladder from Level 4 and the Flute from Level 6 and hurt for the rest of the heart containers and the Magical Sword.

2. Like the 1st Quest, everything is well hidden here.

3. The Red Candle is once again found in the overworld.

4. The Lion Key is specifically used to open the door to Ganon. That actually makes the key feel special.

Level 9 is definitely beatable.  It's tricky but beatable.  And all 16 heart containers are indeed there.  The Second Quest is supposed to be tougher.  If you go back and play the 'riginal you'll see that it's definitely tricky and the only reason it's not threatening these days is simply because of repetition.  But I am going to dial back the difficulty in a few spots for sure, including some of the backtracking tunnels.  I took some liberties in the Second Quest for a reason, to mix it up.  I'm not super worried about hints for the most part because experience Zelda players (which are going to be the only people that play this) shouldn't need too much hand-holding.  But it's something that will be updated for the initial release/upload to RHDN.  Thanks for the feedback.  It looks like you preferred the First Quest.

lexluthermiester

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2020, 07:14:16 am »
I'm having a good time with this. If the aim was to make quests that take a step up from the challenge of the original second quest, I think you've done well. However, I've just started the latest version and I'll keep you updated with any glitches or bugs found. I'm not going to render input on item location choices as that is up to you, only if something is missing or impossible to reach. Please note, I am deliberately ignoring input from other users, not because their input is not valuable but because I wish to give an independent perspective.

EDIT;
Found the first issue. LVL2 in the 3rd quest has a problem. In the room with the Red Lanmola's is a shudder-door which never reopens, effective trapping the player in the latter part of the level. The only way out is to get the triforce. If you re-enter that part of the level you are fully trapped with no way out. That shudder-door should be set to reopen after the Lanmola's are defeated. Needs to be fixed.

EDIT2;
Found a second glitch. LVL4 in the 3rd quest, in the top room with the Patra, if you go into the stairs but then come back into the same room you are deposited into a block in the upper right square, making the player perma-stuck. Needs to be fixed.

EDIT3;
Alright, I am going to offer input on item placement after all which is concerning the shield. Making only one available throughout the whole game is not ok, just a bit too harsh. One Like-Like encounter(very possible given how many there are) and the quest is over. One might just as well start from scratch. Very not cool.

EDIT4;
Done with 3rd quest. Other than above mentioned comments, I found no further issues. I will say, if this is meant to be a challenge above that of the original 2nd quest, it succeeds wildly. Will start 4th quest tomorrow and will chime in accordingly.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 09:08:30 am by lexluthermiester »

KevvyLava

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2020, 09:22:34 pm »
I'm having a good time with this. If the aim was to make quests that take a step up from the challenge of the original second quest, I think you've done well. However, I've just started the latest version and I'll keep you updated with any glitches or bugs found. I'm not going to render input on item location choices as that is up to you, only if something is missing or impossible to reach. Please note, I am deliberately ignoring input from other users, not because their input is not valuable but because I wish to give an independent perspective.

EDIT;
Found the first issue. LVL2 in the 3rd quest has a problem. In the room with the Red Lanmola's is a shudder-door which never reopens, effective trapping the player in the latter part of the level. The only way out is to get the triforce. If you re-enter that part of the level you are fully trapped with no way out. That shudder-door should be set to reopen after the Lanmola's are defeated. Needs to be fixed.

EDIT2;
Found a second glitch. LVL4 in the 3rd quest, in the top room with the Patra, if you go into the stairs but then come back into the same room you are deposited into a block in the upper right square, making the player perma-stuck. Needs to be fixed.

EDIT3;
Alright, I am going to offer input on item placement after all which is concerning the shield. Making only one available throughout the whole game is not ok, just a bit too harsh. One Like-Like encounter(very possible given how many there are) and the quest is over. One might just as well start from scratch. Very not cool.

EDIT4;
Done with 3rd quest. Other than above mentioned comments, I found no further issues. I will say, if this is meant to be a challenge above that of the original 2nd quest, it succeeds wildly. Will start 4th quest tomorrow and will chime in accordingly.

I will make sure to fix these issues. Thanks for the help. Glad that you liked it. Fourth Quest takes some additional liberties, but largely is similar, but just a bit harder.