News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda - Third & Fourth Quests [Beta Testers Wanted]  (Read 2857 times)

lexluthermiester

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
Re: The Legend of Zelda - Third & Fourth Quests [Beta Testers Wanted]
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2020, 05:24:20 pm »
I will make sure to fix these issues. Thanks for the help. Glad that you liked it. Fourth Quest takes some additional liberties, but largely is similar, but just a bit harder.
Cool and YW!

Started the 4th quest and so far no problems. However, LVL8 gives the wooden sword after beating Gleeok? Was that one on purpose? Just thought it was funny.

EDIT;
There's no map in LVL3. Looked everywhere.

EDIT2;
Finished! A bit rough, but that seems intentional. Been everywhere, done everything. Some the dungeon layouts were very creative and require some out of box thinking!

I'd call this finished once the above issues are fixed up! Well done!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 10:05:09 pm by lexluthermiester »

KevvyLava

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2020, 06:08:37 pm »
Cool and YW!

Started the 4th quest and so far no problems. However, LVL8 has gives the wooden sword after beat Gleeok? Was that one on purpose? Just thought it was funny.

That was my attempt at a joke, ha.  Did you do the levels in order, or Level 8 before others?

gzip

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2020, 06:55:03 pm »
EDIT3;
Alright, I am going to offer input on item placement after all which is concerning the shield. Making only one available throughout the whole game is not ok, just a bit too harsh. One Like-Like encounter(very possible given how many there are) and the quest is over. One might just as well start from scratch. Very not cool.

I made a similar change in A New Light where the Magical Shield is only available once. To compensate for that I modified the Like-Likes to steal rupies instead (like some of the other Zelda games).

KevvyLava, I'll send you a patch if you're interested.

ultimaweapon

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2020, 07:10:28 pm »
I made a similar change in A New Light where the Magical Shield is only available once. To compensate for that I modified the Like-Likes to steal rupies instead (like some of the other Zelda games).

KevvyLava, I'll send you a patch if you're interested.

I have yet to try your hack gzip, but I must say that is a cool concept. I'll try yours out this weekend.
Trust in the Heart of the Cards

lexluthermiester

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2020, 10:13:18 pm »
That was my attempt at a joke, ha.
Ah ok.  :thumbsup: It seemed odd. I did laugh when it appeared.  :laugh:

Did you do the levels in order, or Level 8 before others?
No, took them as I found them unless an item was needed to proceed. Ended up going back to LVL3 last to try and find the map.