News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: NBA Jam 2K20 PSone Mod  (Read 14445 times)

eskayelle

• NBA Jam 2KTE / TMNT of Rage / Pong de las TMNT Dev
    • View Profile
Re: NBA Jam 2K20 PSone Mod
« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2021, 07:45:33 pm »
Rock on.  Feel free to PM me if you'd like some help indexing assets.  I've extracted quite a few using RNC ProPackED, and I can view a fair amount of them using 8bpp linear or 15bpp settings in TileMolester (both mode 2/2-dimensional).  I can now edit the images as well, so long as I pad the files to get past a bug in 2-dimensional mode and then delete the padding before I recompress.

I've had some success with ProPackED, particularly thanks to Mattrizzle and DrMefistO.  Wondering what you did to fit your revised palettes into the portraits though; I did some test runs attempting to convert from 24bpp to 15bpp but didn't have much luck just yet.

Also wondering your process for inserting new sounds, if you wouldn't mind sharing?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 01:42:30 pm by eskayelle »
I once wrote a blog.  Maybe you'll find something in it useful?  https://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=30593.0

resurrecta

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2021, 05:55:34 pm »
Hey eskayelle; no mean to hijack your reply. But I wanted to cheer Demigod's work on.
I playtested the game and the improvements are showing. It's fun to get the new additions from release to release.

I was thinking that perhaps there's some hip hop acapella out there that quotes Snoop's name.
Also, don't forget, Bryant was in N64 hangtime, so maybe the head size is just right to still rip for this PS1 version ;).

ponlork

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2021, 02:42:50 am »
Hi Eskayelle. i never used tilemolestor before, that name disturbs me lol i cant recall exactly what i did, i kinda have to be doing it to remember. its kinda like people who are good with directions. they can recall street names, tell people to turn here and it's between this street and that street but i'm terrible at directions. i can show someone the ay but i kinda have to be going there. some people are real good at recalling things like with retroarch and retropie settings too. if i stop using that for a week i'll have to re-learn everything. But all in due.

Hey ressurecta, i got your message and thanks for the files. I actually used the Android sound clips for my project, i forgot that Snoop Dogg as intended to be in the game. I might use the sound clip for Snoop.

And darn I was playing ver1.1 this past week and i'm a bit disappointed. I had made some last minute changes and i was so estatic to get the falling effect working without jumpshots not causing it that i think it affected some of the gameplay mechanics. like the CPU seem to jump with his back turned to the player often. i'll try to fix that in my next release and i'll be doing thorough playtesting next time before i put it out.

i've been working on my RPG Maker project these past few weeks, i made this cool Street Fighter II Ryu Hadoken animation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EEuUWOosZY

Well i plan on getting started on NBA Jam again real soon.

slickrickstyles

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2021, 03:02:07 am »
This is amazing thank you for sharing. Even in it's current state I cant wait to get it on my arcade cabinet. Looking forward to following this thread.

ponlork

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2021, 03:24:27 am »
This is amazing thank you for sharing. Even in it's current state I cant wait to get it on my arcade cabinet. Looking forward to following this thread.

Hi slickrickstyles. thank you for the support. I recently added Chris Paul. going to work on adding another 8-10 players for the next release:

Chris Paul Playtest:
https://youtu.be/WC8OrDksTrE

it's interesting to see Joel Embiid in the mobile version of NBA Jam On Fire. I thought the last update was in 2013 but Embiid was drafted in 2014.

Not sure who I'm going to add next. Maybe Dame Dolla and the 2021 All Star reserves