News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Super smash kart snes rom hack  (Read 434 times)

FWISEMANIII

• View Profile
Super smash kart snes rom hack
« on: July 26, 2020, 01:04:54 pm »
Not sure if anyone has played it but I genuinely enjoy having the super smash cast as the Katy racers.

I guess I’m asking if there is an update to the patch. I have a version from 2016 and it’s not finalized. My version all of the sprites are fine until the cup ceremony they get wonky. But my biggest gripe is The text wasn’t changed for example when samus wins it says bowser wins or picachu wins it says yoshi etc

If anyone has an update please let me know

Supergamerguy

• Retro game fanatic; loves platformers, hates jrpgs
    • View Profile
Re: Super smash kart snes rom hack
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2020, 10:07:35 am »
1 - Thank you for bringing this up as I now have an awesome new hack to try out!

2- All I could find was version 0.1 linked in his YouTube video about Super Smash Kart

July 27, 2020, 11:06:33 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Is it possible to get this hack revitalized? I would love to see new track looks and layouts beyond just the racers themselves, in addition to text updates and maybe slight refinements to the racer sprites.  :laugh:

You can find his hack here: https://youtu.be/Jw0BqW-22F0
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 11:06:33 am by Supergamerguy »
Dah-nuh-nuh-nah! Super fighting robot! Dah-nuh-nah-nah! MEGA MAN! Fighting.......to save.......the world!!!!!

FWISEMANIII

• View Profile
Re: Super smash kart snes rom hack
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2020, 10:47:24 am »
No prob and yes that’s the same version I have. Pretty nice to have the smash cast as playable right ? Although some choices are strange. I’d imagine samus wouldn’t be a bowser replacement with the speed boots lol

I’d imagine if someone does the text edit it’ll be an easy fix but the rest not so much