News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: New leak of Nintendo Source code, beta, keys and dev notes to SNES, GB and more  (Read 10331 times)

Starscream

• View Profile
If you're all about fishing, Legend of the Sea King for Gameboy leaked.

Too bad the related Legend of the River King 64 isn't here. http://web.archive.org/web/19990203005456/http://www.natsume.com/comingsoon/comingsoon.htm

Great. Never knew these were announced back then.

MontyMole

• No fun in the USA.
    • View Profile
Looks like the Edd the Duck game is part of this mega leak. Can't think of a more niche title to base a game on to be honest, especially as I can remember it being previewed back in the day (Nintendo Zone or Total I think.)

A log of some kind.
. Videuss (Youtube)
it's not the official way and relies on luck\randomized placement of bears. USC

Baggins

• View Profile
Someone just bumped this thread the other day:
https://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=18383.0

It doesn't look like the colors are all that different from the default GB palette.

I'd have to include screen shots, but X japan, X japan fan tranlsation have a grey/blue theme for colors...

While X USA Proto/Lunar Crash demo default to default colors (sort of orange, green, yellow) on super gameboy for example... Yes it is the default pallete... and its boring... I'd like the japanese pallete back...

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
While X USA Proto/Lunar Crash demo default to default colors (sort of orange, green, yellow) on super gameboy for example... Yes it is the default pallete... and its boring... I'd like the japanese pallete back...
Oh, well, SGB palettes are completely different from GBC palettes. 

https://tcrf.net/Notes:Super_Game_Boy#Game_Boy_Internal_Name_Table suggests it looks at the internal ROM name.  It seems it just applies default palette 4-D, so hacking the ROM seems a little unnecessary.
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

FAST6191

• View Profile
I am not sure what round this technically is but we have another. Bunch of pokemon debug and beta stuff, some DS SDK stuff (there was a newer version in an older leak, not sure if this version is newer than the one that has been around for many years now) but for around here most will probably be interested in the famicom disk system "FDS Disk Writer" stuff. Not sure what it is exactly but given the surprisingly high interest level in the FDS around here then I will note it.

Chronosplit

• View Profile
More stuff I found in the game boy leak:

-Hammerin' Harry is a unique US version, this was Europe and Japan only.  It has a voice sample that appears to be in english!  Other than that it's Hammerin' Harry.
-Space Date is apparently an unreleased european version of Out of Gas
-Unfortunately the YuGiOh games are just Dark Dual Stories, but without the subtitle on the title screen for some reason.  Too bad.
-Edd the Duck actually... isn't terrible.  It comes from the Sonic school of platforming, no loops but you got speed.  Not amazing thanks to the screen real estate.
-Bobby's World was once a Home Alone game: https://tcrf.net/Bobby%27s_World_(Game_Boy) (Strange, this link goes to a completely different place when I place it in the post)
-ZAS is an european version, but heck if I can tell a difference between that and the Japanese one.  This is another game with that "wow" factor when it comes to graphics but for a SHMUP on the DMG.
-There are a few other european games slated to go to the US but never did, like Jimmy White's Cueball or David Beckham's Soccer.  I don't think there's much of a difference here since it was already in english.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 11:55:20 am by Chronosplit »

FAST6191

• View Profile
Once more we find ourselves with leaked code to poke at with a stick

Pokemon 7th gen (that would be Sun and Moon, 2016 or so release date on the 3ds) being the most interesting this time around, though code only and assets are not there so presumably any builds will need to see those regenned, or you just use it to figure out how things operate.

Bunch of stuff as it pertains to Wii (and Wii aspects of Wii U) repair locations and mod detection, as well as some documents on the hardware (Broadway processor) and some other dev gear.

Celice

• View Profile
My favorite of the leaks so far has to be the 07/24/2020 leak. Lots of early assets, builds, tools, and code for a bunch of SNES games, and other cool stuff too.

I'm still finding cool and interesting aspects of the leak. Sadly a lot of the interest, and research, has died down, but there's a trove of things to discover still hiding out in this leak alone.