News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Super Mario World NES: The Complete Improvement Project  (Read 39426 times)

Flaviogames

• View Profile
Re: Super Mario World NES: The Complete Improvement Project
« Reply #120 on: May 10, 2021, 05:33:06 pm »
Somari the Adventurer: I was playing SMW Nes, and I realized that by catching the star to be invincible, Mario blinks in a strange way and slows down the game, it is possible to improve

Noside

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 10, 2021, 06:31:12 pm »
@Flaviogames, dude, it's becoming annoying listening about your hacks or ideas regarding irrelevant games all the time. WTF sonic issues have to do with this mario project? Your posts sound like some flood from a spambot was manually edited by an idiot.

If you want to propose something, here is a topic for that
http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=3282.0

If you want to talk about your personal hacks, create your own topic.

And do not respond to this message, don't embarrass yourself.
But he is starting to get annoying comenting on almost every reply people make. lol

Jungledrew2005

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 11, 2021, 02:23:52 pm »
I know this may not have anything to do with the NES improvement project but I heard that 1 year later... Hummer Team will officially be turning 30 Years Old! #HummerTeam30th :)

Satoshi_Matrix

• Retro & Contemporary Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Retro & Contemporary Gaming Archives
« Reply #123 on: May 12, 2021, 09:34:31 pm »
I would not have noticed if you didn't say :p

Ha, this literally slipped past Nintendo as well. You can find it in the original Super Mario World for SNES. The later revision in the Super Mario All Stars + Super Mario World re-release fixed it, as did Super Mario Advance 2.

Flaviogames

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 12, 2021, 09:50:04 pm »
Satoshi_Matrix: Satoshi_Matrix: it was good for you to talk about errors, in the SMW version snes there is an error in Yoshi's arm that should be green and it is orange or red I don't remember the color well, the Nes version came corrected because it uses the green color that is already in yoshi's color palette :thumbsup:

Satoshi_Matrix

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 13, 2021, 12:59:17 am »
Do you have big mario spritesheets done? I'd like to see them so much!

Somari the Adventurer

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 13, 2021, 04:31:54 am »
Yeah, those sprites are already in this thread lol, the Mario sheet is on page 4 in my second post on the page as a spoiler image since it's pretty big. That shows the entire Mario sheet except cutscene specific sprites.
As for that error pixel in the logo, maybe I'll fix it at some point, but it doesn't bother me and it's part of the SNES original so having it here is just a funny little 'make it a perfect port' thing, but if it bothers enough people I'll fix it.

Flaviogames

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 14, 2021, 08:05:01 am »
Somari the Adventurer: I was playing SMW Nes, when I arrived at a card that has many ghosts and I was with Mario with fire chlor and hit a fire ball the game restart, I reached the limit of sprites of Nes, so it is good to launch a beta before the final version and wait for people's reports you hear loudly like that for your project to be perfect as far as possible :thumbsup:

May 14, 2021, 07:46:27 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
I made Banzai bill 4 different resolution sprites, which one will work on SMW Nes?
https://www.4shared.com/photo/AEdinlqiiq/Super_mario_World_Nes_8_bit__1.html

May 16, 2021, 04:11:26 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
look what an interesting thing, like killing big boos and other enemies that seemed invincible, add that to the game also https://www.arkade.com.br/2017-descobriram-como-matar-fantasmas-gigantes-super-mario-world/
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 01:35:03 pm by Flaviogames »

Flaviogames

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 25, 2021, 06:54:50 pm »
I was reading some previous posts and I was happy to know that PalaceSwitcher will move Hud to the top of the SMW Nes screen, playing the hummer team version I realized that the HUD on the bottom is totally different from the version snes it still causes a problem that some jumps is not being able to see if it can fall or not

Flaviogames

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 08, 2021, 05:59:44 pm »
a suggestion that can make the game interesting, I was playing SMW on the GBA and realized that on the map it is possible to change mario for Luigi, it would be interesting this function in this version by pressing select to change the character, another thing you can also phase knowing that this rom is MMC5 can reach up to 2MB can add the voices that exist in the GBA version, what do you think of that? ;D

Satoshi_Matrix

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 08, 2021, 08:05:43 pm »
Luigi might be cool, but the second point would prove deeply unpopular and a huge amount of work.

I think voice samples would cause MAJOR backlash. You might like them, but the vast majority of retro gamers tend to hate the added voice clips to the GBA versions of the Mario Advance games.

Mario Advance 1's Toad screaming "JUST WHAT I NEEDED!" and "OH BOY A CRYSTAL!" is engrained in many people's memories like ptsd.

Lusofonia

• My Discord: Lusofonia#3041
    • View Profile
    • Lusofonia's profile at "Fórum Unificado"
« Reply #131 on: June 09, 2021, 06:23:30 am »
Perhaps Luigi could have different physics, like the GBA port does.
I am a pancake, you should be a pancake too

Flaviogames

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 09, 2021, 11:11:19 am »
Lusofonia: Luigi's jump mechanics would also be interesting, I know some people find yours annoying so I could have 2 patches one with voices and one without voices, I also liked the SMW GBA save because it saves even the power up that is in the character and also the who is in reserve

Somari the Adventurer

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 12, 2021, 10:53:05 am »
Hello again to all, it's been a while since my last post here, but I have an announcement to make about the project so it's time to break the silence once more and possibly the last time for a while.
PalaceSwitcher has continued to work hard pushing forwards with the technical side of things, however our progress is still very slow and our search for help has come up dry thus far, so together we've come to a decision about what to do.
Between us we've realised that this is simply too much for one person to reverse engineer really, so until we have more members in our team who are able to help with reverse engineering and eventually reprogramming the game, SMW NES The Complete Improvement Project will be put on hold.
I hope this isn't too much of a disappointment for people and I assure you that we are in no way cancelling the project, SMW NES will return one day, but we really need more people for something of this scale as our team just doesn't have the manpower to pull this off in a reasonable manner yet.
We have graphics and sound covered between us, but the coding/reverse engineering work we can't do alone as only PalaceSwitcher is able to do it currently and a big game like this is pretty hard to make sense of, it's an overwhelming task for one person.

We will continue our search for help though and when we find some, I'll announce that here, the server will remain active in the meantime.

SMW NES The Complete Improvement Project will return, if anyone knows who to point us to for help please let us know.

Anyway, thanks for reading and I hope that we'll be able to resume this soon, take care everyone

Discord server: https://discord.gg/mSCp8rK2zn (disassembly files can be found here too)

Lusofonia

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 12, 2021, 11:00:43 am »
Don't worry, I understand :thumbsup:

Flaviogames

• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 12, 2021, 04:05:59 pm »
we cheered, don't give up, this is a dream for many of us, I'm recovering from covid and I really hope to see this game for us God willing

Lusofonia

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 12, 2021, 04:49:21 pm »
I'm recovering from covid and I really hope to see this game for us God willing

I hope you can get better dude :(

Flaviogames

• View Profile