News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: I need UTF8 encode table  (Read 982 times)

HoaiTrung97

• View Profile
I need UTF8 encode table
« on: July 14, 2020, 12:18:56 pm »
Hello, I'm need find a table encode to support show characters of japanese on UTF-8 (every char get 3 byte)

Sample file: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ezlx2n0tcjdet2f/s1.txt/file

I tried find around forum and google search, but only found table support SHIFT-JIS. (guess, UTF-8 dont popular.)

Anyone can give me a link of it if it really exist somewhere?  :-[

Thank you.

iridium_ionizer

• The universe is complicated. Get used to it.
    • View Profile
Re: I need UTF8 encode table
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2020, 01:04:49 pm »
Try these links:

Hiragana and Katakana

Kanji

HoaiTrung97

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2020, 08:53:25 pm »
Hello, iridium.

Thank you for help.

But table of the link above look strange.

example hex value of ビ = 30D3

But infact in UTF-8 = E38393, even on SHIFT-JIS = 8372

I think it is not what I am looking for.

I guess, it does not have a table (UTF-8) available around here.  :-\

I will try do a table for it then.

FAST6191

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2020, 10:34:40 pm »
I doubt many will have one prebaked -- while there are some hacking tools to support what would effectively be a 24 bit encoding it is really quite rare to encounter (some PSP games, one DS game maybe and a few from some of the newer consoles as they are basically PCs these days and just get ported/code directly from them).

https://www.utf8-chartable.de/unicode-utf8-table.pl?start=12288&number=128
If the table is mostly hex number = character in question then that should be but a few seconds with a spreadsheet there to lose the irrelevant columns and swap them around.

Alternatively depending upon the order there then there are table editing/creation tools that will insert lists of Japanese characters at given numbers. Those won't be 3byte/24 bit by default but if you have the order it should not be hard to alter things or add numbers (if everything starts with a new line then find replace new line with the relevant segment to pad it out as it were).

Vehek

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2020, 01:57:42 am »
I think table files are less important when working with standard encodings, especially a modern one like the Unicode encodings where a "complete" listing would cover over a hundred thousand characters depending on the version. (Yes, I'm aware you only really want the kana and kanji.) If the programmers didn't slip in any non-standard hex bytes as control codes, then extraction should be a simple task if you know how to program. Or you can just look with a hex editor like wxMEdit.

Okay, so I looked at the file you uploaded. The only reason it looks like garbage is its lack of a UTF byte-order mark. You can view it in Notepad++ just by changing the encoding to UTF-8.