News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: [NES] Metroid 1 - Ultimate Remake - Based on Rogue Dawn engine modifications  (Read 4768 times)

IcePenguin

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
Re: [NES] Metroid 1 - Complete Reconstruction - A Hack of Rogue Dawn
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2021, 12:18:35 am »
No progress unfortunately.  I've been focused on this project exclusively between the two.  I'm actually much more excited about the silhouette project that this remake but I want to provide a high quality result before I move on to the silhouette project.  I'm also working on a very high end Super Mario hack with two talented individuals that I feel will make a pretty significant impact once it's completed.  My primary role is level design for that particular project.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.  I've stepped up my goals for this project and I plan to take it to the next level beyond my original intentions.  :thumbsup:

Taking this project to the next level?  Coooool!   :woot!:  Can't wait to see what it is you are planning.  This might be a weird question, but will there be rain like in Rogue Dawn?  That was probably my favorite thing in that entire hack, haha.  Since you used that as a base for this, I was just curious if it remained.

Also, will you be announcing anything soon about your Mario project?  That sounds intriguing, as well!

Grimlock

• Graphics Artist, Level Designer
    • View Profile
I was quietly doing something similar, aiming for a "Metroid Redux" kind of treatment months, if not a year ago.
I was using Snarfblam's Map+Save latest unofficial build (as well as some more stuff, like 7 Energy tanks and others), and also implemented animated graphics for lava based on Rogue Dawn.

Give me a few days and I'll upload everything I had on this.
Just let my crappy slow-ass Gentoo machine finish updating and I'll give you all I had, you can even name the project Metroid Redux if you want, as I don't really see myself going back to this anytime soon.

Sure, sounds good.  Send me a PM or hit me up on Discord.  Grimlock#7135

I'm very open to anyone who wants to contribute, especially with the music.  It could remain as the original but I know there's some talented people out there that could do some really nice remixes of the originals.

January 14, 2021, 10:35:03 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Taking this project to the next level?  Coooool!   :woot!:  Can't wait to see what it is you are planning.  This might be a weird question, but will there be rain like in Rogue Dawn?  That was probably my favorite thing in that entire hack, haha.  Since you used that as a base for this, I was just curious if it remained.

Also, will you be announcing anything soon about your Mario project?  That sounds intriguing, as well!

Hey, sorry, I missed your message.  The Mario project is a merging of Mario and Metroid.  It's nearly to the stage where level design can begin but the features of the modified game engine as well as the art by a very talented pixel artist on our team are looking pretty fantastic.

Regarding the rain, I think it's a good idea, I might consider it if it doesn't feel like too much of a departure from the original Metroid environments.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 10:35:03 pm by Grimlock »