News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Mr. Driller Drill Land (Gamecube) - English Translation Project  (Read 3342 times)

TheArcadeStriker

• View Profile
https://imgur.com/a/T76Br
Since the game uses .tpl (textures) for basically every sprite or image (even copious amounts of text), I started this translation project for Mr. Driler Drill Land, one of the most feature-packed Mr. Driller games that however, wasn't exported outside Japan and thus it hasn't been translated (outside of menu guides). You can check current progress screenshots at the imgur link above (also note that even though they are by Dolphin, I'm translating the files in the disc, so it should also be functional for real hardware).
If someone wishes to help with this, or does have knowledge of Japanese (I can translate some stuff as I investigate their meaning, but some things like articles in the Museum are pretty much just text articles and I don't know myself any Japanese), then you can contact or tell me here and I'll be glad to receive you in the project. I also must start checking yet at the DOL file to find (and translate if possible) any actual text (eg: not a texture). Wish me luck!

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
Re: Mr. Driller Drill Land (Gamecube) - English Translation Project
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 12:28:26 am »
Well, best of luck with that.  I assume you've already searched around and checked for any work that might have already been done on it?
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

pemdawg

• View Profile
Re: Mr. Driller Drill Land (Gamecube) - English Translation Project
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2020, 04:52:08 pm »
https://imgur.com/a/T76Br
Since the game uses .tpl (textures) for basically every sprite or image (even copious amounts of text), I started this translation project for Mr. Driler Drill Land, one of the most feature-packed Mr. Driller games that however, wasn't exported outside Japan and thus it hasn't been translated (outside of menu guides). You can check current progress screenshots at the imgur link above (also note that even though they are by Dolphin, I'm translating the files in the disc, so it should also be functional for real hardware).
If someone wishes to help with this, or does have knowledge of Japanese (I can translate some stuff as I investigate their meaning, but some things like articles in the Museum are pretty much just text articles and I don't know myself any Japanese), then you can contact or tell me here and I'll be glad to receive you in the project. I also must start checking yet at the DOL file to find (and translate if possible) any actual text (eg: not a texture). Wish me luck!

Now that the HD re-release is on Steam, it might be possible to backport the textures by reducing the quality and swapping the file format to match the GC versions. For the $20 that the new release costs, it is definitely worth a look.