News:

11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Main Menu

Mega Man: The FC Wars / Rockman Mega World FC

Started by Rabbid4240, August 22, 2022, 10:13:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rabbid4240

This is a hack I'm currently working on that demakes all the graphics in Mega Man the Wily Wars to match their NES counterparts! As of now, about 99% of objects have been demade. I plan on making separate versions of this hack, one with only objects in FC, one with recolored tilesets to match the MM1-3 style, and one that demakes all the levels to match the NES levels. It also comes with the SRAM+ Hack and Proto Man Size fix. Along with this I've been able to document the graphics and palette locations of almost every object in the game. But since many of the tilesets are compressed, I don't know if I am able to edit them or not.

DavidtheIdeaMan

Oh hell yeah,I can't wait to download this when it's ready!

PowerPanda

I'm assuming you already did the portraits for the boss selection in MM1? If not, send me a private message. I have those on my computer, which I used for a board game project.

Rabbid4240

Quote from: PowerPanda on August 23, 2022, 12:09:17 AMI'm assuming you already did the portraits for the boss selection in MM1? If not, send me a private message. I have those on my computer, which I used for a board game project.
Here are what all the select portraits look like so far, just like how they did on the FC. The Wily Tower portraits have not been made yet

DavidtheIdeaMan

spotanjo3

Good work. Maybe replace Sega Genesis/Mega Drive Mega Man sprite to NES Mega Man sprite version?

Anyway,  I am so looking forward to this game. Exciting!

PowerPanda

Those portraits are, of cousre, accurate to the original. If you want though, here's my NES recoloring of the Wily Wars's portraits (plus the 2 masters from Powered Up which you can ignore).

spotanjo3

MottZilla

Quote from: Rabbid4240 on August 22, 2022, 10:13:39 PMBut since many of the tilesets are compressed, I don't know if I am able to edit them or not.

You could always hack it to load uncompressed tilesets from expanded ROM. When you go beyond 2 megabytes of ROM with SRAM though I believe you need to be careful about the mapping of SRAM and ROM for the upper 2 megabytes of address space mapped to the cartridge. But you could take care of that whereever you hack the tileset loading to switch to ROM in the upper 2mb of space, load your modified tileset, and then switch back to SRAM.

Good luck with your hack. It's a cool idea.