News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Tomato Adventure (GBA) translation/tools  (Read 18048 times)

mgrid16

• View Profile
Re: Tomato Adventure (GBA) translation/tools
« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2020, 09:48:45 pm »
This English translation looks very good. I am looking forward to playing this game after the translation gets released.

[Unknown]

• View Profile
    • PPSSPP
« Reply #61 on: December 23, 2020, 06:56:08 pm »
Heya!  Got any updates?   I check this site religiously as I await the most Tomato-ey of adventures..   Also If you need any testers I would be happy too!   At my work i sometimes can not work so gba gets alot of love  ::)

There's no release yet, but you can build the current in-progress version from here: https://github.com/unknownbrackets/tomatotrans/tree/demille
(you'll have to "build" it but it's pretty easy to.)

I've been a bit busier recently and so has the person working on graphics, but currently waiting on some updated graphics.

Was the prospect of the GBC version being translated ever discussed in any official (for this thread) capacity? I know myself and some others had offhandedly mentioned wanting to see that happen.

Gimmick Land (GBC) was mentioned earlier.  I haven't really looked at it at this point, although I suspect the reduced resolution would lead to a more limited and abbrevitation-ridden translation (thinking specifically of menus, Gimmick names, etc.) at best.  So I'm more interested in Tomato Adventure with the time I currently have.

-[Unknown]

Paris

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2021, 12:40:13 am »
Hello friends.

Out of curiosity today, I did a little googling to see if Tomato Adventure had ever gotten a fan translation and stumbled upon this thread. I played part of the original in Japanese a while back, as I've been learning the language for a bit, but just wanted to pop in and say two things.

1. I compiled and played the first bit of the game and, so far, everything is wonderful! The translation is great, and I can tell how passionate y'all are about this game!

2. If you need any help with the translation, particularly when it comes to localizing the graphics, please let me know. I am an indie dev myself and have quite a bit of experience with pixel art and pixel fonts. I would be happy to contribute whatever I can to the github repository. Just let me know if there's anything in particular that y'all could use some help with.

Anyway, that's all. Thanks for all your efforts!

:beer: