News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Worlds Unraveled: Quick reference guide to retro Action Adventure & ARPG games  (Read 1081 times)

PresidentLeever

• View Profile
    • Mini-Revver
https://worldsunraveled.weebly.com/

This project started as complementary pages to my retro Platform Adventure/Metroidvania quick reference guide, where the original purpose was to briefly list top down and isometric view games based on their overlap with that genre, but it eventually grew into its own thing.

Let me know what your faves are and/or if there's something you want mentioned about a certain game.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 05:15:18 am by PresidentLeever »
Mini-reviews, retro sound chip tribute, romhacks and general listage at my site: Mini-Revver.

Celice

• View Profile
I love the concept, but the lack of visuals makes the presentation feel a bit dated.

It'd be nice to include a long-play video of each game and/or some screenshots.

PresidentLeever

• View Profile
    • Mini-Revver
Sure, I'll work on the presentation a bit once I have the lists mostly done. It'll look more like the main lists (platform adventure/mv games).

Mini-reviews, retro sound chip tribute, romhacks and general listage at my site: Mini-Revver.

PresidentLeever

• View Profile
    • Mini-Revver
So I made this a separate site and made some major updates to it. Feedback welcome.

July 12, 2020, 07:22:51 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
I've updated the 1986-1990 TD & Iso pages, the 1992-1998 FP & TP view pages and added YT playlist links for both main categories:
https://worldsunraveled.weebly.com/useful-links.html

« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 07:24:57 am by PresidentLeever »

PresidentLeever

• View Profile
    • Mini-Revver
I added info and a mini review for Xak 1 (SNES), and some subcategories for basically every entry so far.

Next up will probably be Silver or D/Generation.

Looks like there's not much interest in this one compared to the MV site, so thoughts on what I can improve would be appreciated.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 11:41:52 am by PresidentLeever »

PresidentLeever

• View Profile
    • Mini-Revver
Latest updates:
-Info and mini review for Silver (PC), as well as various updates here and there such as for Toejam & Earl
-Added WIP "By Platform" pages
-Updated front page a bit

PresidentLeever

• View Profile
    • Mini-Revver
‚ÄčLatest updates:
Star Control II: The Ur-Quan Masters (PC, 1992/2011)
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (N64)
D/Generation (AMI)