News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Napple Tale GDI Patch  (Read 495 times)

myohmyke

• View Profile
Napple Tale GDI Patch
« on: June 14, 2020, 12:32:21 am »
In reference to this message in particular: https://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=29468.msg387642#msg387642

I was trying to get the patch to work a few weeks ago, but wasn't able to get it to do what I wanted and gave up x.x; I just saw the game in a speedrun marathon and wanna take another try, though.

I've been trying to follow the directions in the patch files to 'manually' install the patch (using GDRom Explorer to extract the unpatched game, replacing files, using LazyBoot to rebuild the GDI). If I'm reading Sessh's post correctly, if you manually patch the GDI that way, the in-game diary works. But I can't get the dang diary to work -- the translation patch works, but not the way Sessh made it sound like it should.

I did follow the directions in the readme of the translation patch, for both the 'regular' and 'alternate' versions of the patch.

Possibilities:
A) I have no idea what I'm doing with LazyBoot
B) After rereading the post a few weeks later...man, did Sessh mean "The diary works on an unpatched GDI in an emulator, so it must be a CDI patch issue" and not "The diary works on a patched GDI, so there's something goofy with the CDI patch?" cause I spent a while trying to fix it lolol

So...I don't really know if I need help or not lol. I might be trying to fix a problem I'm not having, and I am patching it correctly, and I just misunderstood what Sessh meant. The patch otherwise works as expected; I'm just not sure if fixing the diary is available by a certain patching method or not.