News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Help modifying or removing hex value  (Read 3451 times)

CryinOnion

• "Once upon a time, a terribly sad onion ..."
    • View Profile
Re: Help modifying or removing hex value
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2020, 01:13:37 am »
This issue seems to have become a snowball that keeps growing, so I just want to explain my point, because I think some things have been misunderstood:

First of all, I have never questioned Cyneprepou4uk's contributions to this community. I also don't question that he tried to help me. All I was looking for was an apology for his disrespect. Since he has insisted on making fun (and continues to do so)
https://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=30827.0

Spoiler:
I didn't think it was right to accept his help. That doesn't mean I refuse to thank him for his help because I don't know what to do with it (that seems childish to me!). Nor does it mean that I closed the post or that I didn't accept help from anyone else, for example from Vanya, who has been patient and correct at all times.

Thirdly, speaking Chinese (it pains me to clarify) is just one example of the gap between your explanations and my knowledge. Here's another example: Until yesterday I didn't consider that each value is equivalent to one byte of information... I know that it is normal to take certain knowledge for granted when one specializes in something. There is a saying that goes, "There is no worse teacher than one who knows a lot". For my part, I used words like "explanation for fools" or "zero programming skills" in reference to myself, so I don't think anyone would accuse me of being touchy.

In short: "Peace, brothers" I am not looking for trouble, I have simply been stepped on and instead of lowering my head and going my way I have asked for an apology.

P.S. I still have no idea how to solve my problem, because this last night I did a sprint to finish part of my project. Today (which is tomorrow for me) in the night I'll try with the last explanations you've given me, but I'm afraid you'll hear from me again. See you then!

Cyneprepou4uk

• I am the baldest romhacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2020, 05:51:56 am »
Dude, your large posts waste RHDN's limited server resources, you should become a patreon to compensate for it >:D

Here is my last little hint on this topic, hope it's not too hard for you
83 (ED EE EF) | 02 (F0)
85 (ED EE EF 02 F0)

Cheers! :beer: :thumbsup:
8-bit fan
iromhacker.ru - NES ROM hacking tutorials for beginners. Please use Google Translate browser extension

bogaabogaa

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2020, 03:58:48 am »
I a not a fan of bulling ether. Not sure what makes him act like this. Still he did bring the matter closer. He might be annoyed in the way you questioning things.. I am also bad with this people stuff so I mostly lath about it and don't wanna investigate more toward that matter.

I like to show a workflow that might help solving some compressed tile mapping formats. This is also a workflow that works for coders as it is mostly faster to figure easy formats with try and error. I made notes of the current format. After the offset you see the byte array unchanged. I made spaces after the control byte to get a better overview.

In the next two lines I did changes to make it more compact and easy to edit. I did see that changing the control byte to 87 will create visual glitches further down. So I was only able to rid of one 02 byte at once. The third line seems good enough I did replace the ffff with 3333 so you see you can edit what was empty space before.

Last thing I did is paste them back in in reverse order so you see it is almost close to what you like to have.

Also you don't need read books to code. A CPU is easy to understand. The code to make a program work will get complex and there is a lot that will make this machine fail. Just saying a CPU is on a bus where memory is mapped. It will jump to memory and execute what is there. It is easy to look up everything what it does. When you go forward don't be afraid to put a breakpoints to a memory location. You don't need to go deep just understanding how to copy a value and how it points to things can help to do creative things very quick.
CV ROM DiscordServer
https://discord.gg/PvFgxRg

CryinOnion

• "Once upon a time, a terribly sad onion ..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2020, 03:39:27 pm »
Thanks for your help, but especially for your sympathy. Yesterday a friend from the community offered to do this little job for me, and to explain to me how to do it if I wanted to.He speaks Spanish and in his own words "he doesn't know much about programming", which I think has made it easier for us to speak the same language (literally and figuratively). I don't worry about learning, "au contraire", although I recognize that I was investigating on my own the modifications he had made to the rom and I still don't understand how he did it, although now I do understand some concepts better.

Anyway, I hope you won't hear from me for a long time (in a good way) ;). Greetings to all and thank you for your time.