News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Starting up Final Fantasy III (NES) [PT-BR]  (Read 745 times)

TeacherGus

• FF3 PT-BR 100% done!
    • View Profile
Starting up Final Fantasy III (NES) [PT-BR]
« on: May 10, 2020, 11:22:52 pm »
 :) Hello  :)

I have decided to come and translate FF3j for Brazilian Portuguese audiences. It's still at an early point, but definitely going steady. A great way to spend the extra time in quarantine.

Here are some shots:

I won't be releasing anything yet since I want to finish the whole NPC/story databanks first.

Thanks to Chaos Rush, who's been super helpful!

peixemacaco

• 70 65 69 78 65 6d 61 63 61 63 6f
    • View Profile
    • Old peixemacaco site found
Re: Starting up Final Fantasy III (NES) [PT-BR]
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2020, 04:35:13 pm »
Grande! Great!

Fiz uma procura e só tem rom de FF3 traduzida pra Snes em portugues... Did a search and only FF3 Snes was translated to portuguese.

Entretanto, não curto rpg kkk... Thought I don't like Rpg games ... lol

Sucesso!

Keep safe!

Nelson
Super Monaco GP... It garnered an at-the-time unprecedented 10–10–9–9 rating from Electronic Gaming Monthly's Review and wasn`t a F Indy title.

TeacherGus

• FF3 PT-BR 100% done!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2020, 01:27:11 am »
Grande! Great!

Fiz uma procura e só tem rom de FF3 traduzida pra Snes em portugues... Did a search and only FF3 Snes was translated to portuguese.

Entretanto, não curto rpg kkk... Thought I don't like Rpg games ... lol

Sucesso!

Keep safe!

Nelson

Thanks a bunch for the support, Nelson! I can't give any ETAs, but I'm certainly going at it, steadily and constantly.

As a matter of fact, here are some updates and screenshots:

- Story has been successfully translated up to Tozus;
- Items, monsters, jobs, locations and spells won't be translated (Skills will, though, as they are common enough verbs), since it's customary for Brazilian players to get used to the English names - and whenever changed, people feel they sound weird in our own language. This is NOT final, as I plan to eventually have a fully translated version if people want to have it. But the choice will be offered and given in two
- For now, diacritics have been ignored or adapted in forms such as "eh". Again, this may be changed in a future revision to the proper characters;
- Battle system messages have been fully translated.

More updates to follow.

TeacherGus

• FF3 PT-BR 100% done!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2020, 10:14:55 pm »
I'm glad to say that the first public version of the translation (1.10-aka Naitto edition) is 100% done!

It should be noted that it will still get a patch for accents. Also:

- Items have not been translated;
- Names of places haven't been translated;
- Enemies haven't been translated.

All three have been a personal choice since most Brazilian players have been used to playing games in English and have the habit of saying the names of places, items, and enemies in English as well.

I don't know exactly what to do in order to register the translation IPS here on Romhacking. Any ideas?

As usual, here are a few pics:

« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 10:15:04 am by TeacherGus »