News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: How should I find someone to record a playthrough for me?  (Read 627 times)

McKnight

• View Profile
    • Livejournal
How should I find someone to record a playthrough for me?
« on: May 30, 2020, 06:20:23 am »
Was just looking since yesterday into recording a playthrough of Makeruna! Makendou Z for the NEC PC-FX, but I am not having any luck with either Mednafen or RetroArch. 

I have tried recording it through actual hardware several times before, but I had already given away system and game as a gift to someone I'm not even in touch with anymore, I do not wish to re-buy either of them, and even if I did, I had also been through at least two different recording devices and do not wish to buy any more just to find one that works and records audio cleanly.

I've just tried to create a post on Upwork, but I don't see any category there for "Gaming" or something.  I do see one for translations, and a sub-category for localizations, but while plenty of people who localize include games in their repertoire, not many are even familiar with the PC-FX, let alone would they know how to run ISOs for its games.

All I want is a full, high-quality playthrough to showcase on YouTube, battles and all, so if no one already capable of playing PC-FX ISOs is interested, how should I go on about finding someone who is willing to figure out how to run those games for a recording?

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
Re: How should I find someone to record a playthrough for me?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2020, 12:48:44 am »
I am not having any luck with either Mednafen or RetroArch. 
[...]
how should I go on about finding someone who is willing to figure out how to run those games for a recording?
Wouldn't it be a lot easier to figure out whatever problem you're having with Mednafen or Retroarch?
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

filler

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • "WINNERS DON'T SELL REPROS"
    • View Profile
    • Filler's Translation Projects
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2020, 02:56:19 am »
Was just looking since yesterday into recording a playthrough of Makeruna! Makendou Z for the NEC PC-FX, but I am not having any luck with either Mednafen or RetroArch. 

I have tried recording it through actual hardware several times before, but I had already given away system and game as a gift to someone I'm not even in touch with anymore, I do not wish to re-buy either of them, and even if I did, I had also been through at least two different recording devices and do not wish to buy any more just to find one that works and records audio cleanly.

I've just tried to create a post on Upwork, but I don't see any category there for "Gaming" or something.  I do see one for translations, and a sub-category for localizations, but while plenty of people who localize include games in their repertoire, not many are even familiar with the PC-FX, let alone would they know how to run ISOs for its games.

All I want is a full, high-quality playthrough to showcase on YouTube, battles and all, so if no one already capable of playing PC-FX ISOs is interested, how should I go on about finding someone who is willing to figure out how to run those games for a recording?

Forgive me if my mind is kind of blown. It sounds like what you're saying is you are willing to pay someone to play Makeruna, Makendo Z and post it to YouTube? I certainly feel like I would be qualified and willing to do that. I own a working PC FX, the game, and I have a YouTube channel. I also am in contact with someone who has been playing PC FX games and streaming them on YouTube who I could reach out to if need be.

McKnight

• View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2020, 06:58:25 am »
Wouldn't it be a lot easier to figure out whatever problem you're having with Mednafen or Retroarch?

That's exactly what I've been trying to do these past couple of days.  So far, I've followed someone else's video on Retroarch, which involves LaunchBox, to the best of my ability, and just tried to create a video demonstrating what I've done, only for LB not to appear in my footage or even the in-program camera (even though I'm still able to see that when actually using it).  I've complained about that on the fora for both LB and OBS Studio, and currently have yet to hear back from anyone.

Forgive me if my mind is kind of blown. It sounds like what you're saying is you are willing to pay someone to play Makeruna, Makendo Z and post it to YouTube? I certainly feel like I would be qualified and willing to do that. I own a working PC FX, the game, and I have a YouTube channel. I also am in contact with someone who has been playing PC FX games and streaming them on YouTube who I could reach out to if need be.

Really!?  Please check my job post on Upwork, then; there are a few things I'd like to ask you, too.

https://www.upwork.com/jobs/~015e88fa700c977c45

(Yes, I did call it a translation job, but I did not see any category that would've likely included recording game footage while filling out the details.  I just went with the closest thing I could find to this.)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 07:04:22 am by McKnight »