News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: how to update the crc for a pokemon stadium 2 romhack?  (Read 1334 times)

zoke

• View Profile
how to update the crc for a pokemon stadium 2 romhack?
« on: May 24, 2020, 10:12:28 pm »
so, im trying to get a rom to boot on p64 but rn64crc.exe -u doesnt work on my computer for some reason? is it because i use windows 10?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Project64 2.3\pokemon stadium 2 revamp>rn64crc.exe -u
Access is denied.

and if i just type rn64crc.exe i get
C:\Program Files (x86)\Project64 2.3\pokemon stadium 2 revamp>rn64crc.exe
Real N64 CRC Tool V2 [By RaO 1999/2000] - Check CRC's

FileName     : C:\Program Files (x86)\Project64 2.3\pokemon stadium 2 revamp\Pokemon Stadium 2 (U) [!] revamp2-moves.z64
ROM Title    : POKEMON STADIUM 2
Type         : CIC-NUS-6103
CRC's        : $03571182, $892FD06D [Wrong]

C:\Program Files (x86)\Project64 2.3\pokemon stadium 2 revamp>rn64crc.exe -u Pokemon Stadium 2 (U) [!] revamp2-moves.z64

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
Re: how to update the crc for a pokemon stadium 2 romhack?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2020, 12:20:00 pm »
If I had to take a wild guess, I'd say your Program Files folder requires administrator privileges for write access.  It's not really a Windows 10 problem.  Ideally, you should store your ROMs somewhere in your User profile, like C:\Users\Whatever\roms.

You might be able to get the program to run as-is, but you'll need to open the command prompt with administrator privileges.  You can do that by right-clicking the Command Prompt shortcut in your Start menu and selecting "Run as administrator".  But this is of course not recommended as you can easily mess up things accidentally from such a command prompt.
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

zoke

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2020, 08:43:04 pm »
even  moving it to  useres, i still get this "this app cant run on your comupter" error

Jorpho

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2020, 01:14:39 pm »
That's a completely different error message.  Are you doing something completely different?  Are you still running rn64crc from the command line?
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

zoke

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2020, 07:07:21 am »
so,  the second error message is what  windows pops up with then i do the command, the other one is what  the black box says.  its both from t he same command

Jorpho

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2020, 08:45:19 pm »
And where did you get this program from? Because the version at https://www.smwcentral.net/?p=section&a=details&id=8799 absolutely runs on 64-bit Windows.

If you are copying the program to a different directory on your hard drive, are you copying DLPORTIO.DLL and DLPORTIO.SYS along with RN64CRC.EXE /

zoke

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2020, 07:29:17 am »
https://www.smwcentral.net/?p=section&a=details&id=8799

also, yeah i coppied the  contents of the whole folder.

but, i just redownloaded it, and apparently it worked now?   i may have clicked the download link before but this time i clicked the
File Name:    Real N64 CRC Tool v2  to download it... idk but this time  there was no error.   thanks  for helping. not actually sure what fixed it though