News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Mario Kart SX (SNES) Working for Anyone?  (Read 647 times)

Fireorb

• View Profile
Mario Kart SX (SNES) Working for Anyone?
« on: May 16, 2020, 07:20:36 pm »
Hey all, never posted here, hope this is an appropriate place. Having trouble patching a specific (new) ROM hack and am wondering if it's just me or if it's the file. It's for Super Mario Kart (SNES). It's called Mario Kart SX.

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/5137/

I'm using Bizhawk 2.3.1(x64) to emulate and am switching between a bsnes core and snes9x core to check both. The page says an headerless version of the ROM is needed and I have one but when patched it seems unchanged in snes9x and the bsnes core won't run it at all. This file is confirmed working before patched and has worked fine when patched with other SMK hacks. So I tried one with a header, no luck; Then a headerless Japanese version; then a headerless European version. All the same. Is anyone getting this to patch and play properly?

moonmaster1

• View Profile
Re: Mario Kart SX (SNES) Working for Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2020, 10:49:31 pm »
Nada, patched on a US copy of Super Mario Kart. No differences in the title screen or any of the menus. Crashes after selecting cup.

BlueYoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2020, 07:25:09 am »
You need a headerless US version.

Fireorb

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2020, 08:21:30 am »
You need a headerless US version.
That's what I tried first (and then two more times). I don't know why but all I was getting is what moonmaster described. Luckily a kind samaritan PM'd me a working copy so I'm all good now.