News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Megaman The Sequel Wars  (Read 2060 times)

SkyLizardGirl

• Flooower
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Megaman The Sequel Wars
« on: May 12, 2020, 03:40:36 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRM9FXayp7Y   
  ^Here is the preview of the game.

Have you guys seen this game yet?  It looks amazing and I think it's being worked on.

There is also a demo available somewhere.   

http://sprites-inc.co.uk/thread-2880.html 
 ^Website 
https://www.reddit.com/r/Megaman/comments/gihkgt/mega_man_the_sequel_wars_reveal_trailer_wily_wars/ 
 ^Extra 
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 03:46:14 pm by SkyLizardGirl »
Blaster Master Hacker

SCD

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
Re: Megaman The Sequel Wars
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2020, 03:05:31 am »
I checked out the demo, I enjoyed what I played, hopefully the final product will be really good.

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2020, 11:05:59 pm »
The game is intended to be fully playable on real Sega Genesis hardware. Note that this is NOT a rom-hack of Wily Wars, rather an entirely new game coded in C, and shares no code with it. As such, the game is distributed as a complete rom rather than as a patch (because there is nothing to patch to).
Yikes! I thought this was just going to be another GameMaker project or whatever.  That's some serious dedication.
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

Recca

• Indignation!
    • View Profile
    • Dynamic-Designs
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2020, 03:26:11 pm »
This looks very promising so far. I wonder why they never officially released the second part of Wily Wars to cover the rest of the original NES titles remake as well? Or why it was never released in the US either? But regardless of that, it's nice to see that some dedicated fans have decided to do so themselves. I'm definitely looking forward to playing this when it's completed and I'll be trying out the current demo version as well.
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

niuus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2020, 11:43:18 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRM9FXayp7Y   
  ^Here is the preview of the game.

Have you guys seen this game yet?  It looks amazing and I think it's being worked on.

There is also a demo available somewhere.   

http://sprites-inc.co.uk/thread-2880.html 
 ^Website 
https://www.reddit.com/r/Megaman/comments/gihkgt/mega_man_the_sequel_wars_reveal_trailer_wily_wars/ 
 ^Extra
Amazing. I always wondered why Willy Wars wasn't entirely hacked to guts and remade into the pending sequels, or even properly fix the inaccuracies that plague it. Now you're even remaking it, that's pretty cool. Looking forward to seeing the next version!

gadesx

• View Profile
    • Gadesx scene
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2020, 04:07:36 pm »
Looks very good.
I played MWW a lot and
it's interesting see fangames like the 16 bit game.
(The music from Mww also is
very good)
I suppose that with
the Megadrive vst is easier
do tracks than use VOPM or
directly a tracker.

diablo666

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2020, 01:17:56 am »
One demo, but so many features. :)

First, they let us customize the game the way you want. This is a pleasant trifle, but I think from this - something special will remain, such as EX tests or the function of a jump or slide. The rest (except for complexity) - have almost no effect on this creation.

From the pros: these are different game modes. The EX mod is much more complicated, but also much more interesting. Although the original levels are also well made (the forks are unfinished, but okay)

The bosses. They are made qualitatively for this demo (but if you still refine them, it will be perfect). One moment confused ... Bosses in ordinary stages and EX - or rather robomaster - go to the second mode. This is a non-canon for the classics, leave them only EX

New enemies (EX) combine pretty well with levels

In the negative I will put: Some EX stage. One of the levels - without a specific adapter - is impossible to complete the game. And in some places - the jump can fail and you will fall on the spikes (the original Drill Man. This was not)

Minus music and sound Effects. Of course there are new ones, there are atmospheric ones - this is commendable. But really inappropriate. Well, I hear the sounds from MM7, the explosion from Sonic3 is acceptable, but they will probably redo the rest. And MUSIC - because of some soundtracks...

But, in principle, a pretty decent sequel comes out. I will be happy to wait for the full version:thumbsup: :beer:

(ла.S. Warning: Scrolling the Screen is a dangerous thing. If you scroll the same Screen several times, then, besides the enemies, the Platforms may disappear)

pianohombre

• View Profile
    • My personal website of short stories and comics
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2020, 03:42:48 am »
So the second trilogy on the NES. So this will be Wily Wars 16-bit update for the MM4-6, right? You know I've been seeing so many forensic files episodes lately where all the people murder innocent people. That really soured my mood about humanity, but seeing fans dedicate themselves to this really shows me there's some good in the world.
"Programming in itself is beauty,
whether or not the operating system actually functions." - Linus Torvalds