News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Bomberman (NES) "Remastered" (100% Finished)  (Read 7183 times)

niuus

• View Profile
Re: Bomberman (NES) "Remastered" (100% Finished)
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2020, 10:36:55 am »
Depends on the game, how much new stuff I've learned and how much free time I get.

Donkey Kong Jr. took the least time probably, but that also has to do with how limited my knowledge was on what I could do (so no new animations, no backgrounds, etc).

I'm currently working on Battle City, which is a game I'm very fond of.

Most games I've tackled have very limited graphics, something that works in my favour/makes the dev. time of graphic shorter. I'd love to tackle bigger projects (hell maybe setup a vote poll as to what work on next with maybe patreons or something so popular demand gets to pick) I looked for example into Metal Storm, which is a absolutely gorgeous game animation wise, but graphically could really use a pick me up...and it needs LOTS of graphics, so that would probably take a while.
OMG this looks incredibly beautiful. I really wish this could be done as a ROM hack, the same with your Bomberman facelift, to be able to normally play it on a CRT.

Stories8106

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2020, 09:20:55 am »
FYI this is not a romhack. Also, its a misnomer to call these "patches". These are more properly called "HD packs".

Lame.  Thanks for the info.  I think a remaster like this would be great for the first Bomberman.

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2020, 12:02:34 pm »
I wouldn't call it lame. It's actually pretty damn cool and takes quite a bit of effort and work.
The only caveat is that you have to play it on MESEN on a computer, rather than real hardware.

Supergamerguy

• Retro game fanatic; loves platformers, hates jrpgs
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2020, 01:01:10 pm »
I dont think he meant the project itself was lame, I think he meant that the fact (or realization) that this wasnt playable on original hardware was lame.
Dah-nuh-nuh-nah! Super fighting robot! Dah-nuh-nah-nah! MEGA MAN! Fighting.......to save.......the world!!!!!

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2020, 03:21:34 pm »
Fair enough if so.