News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII OVA Remake  (Read 5979 times)

Cloudiar

• View Profile
Final Fantasy VII OVA Remake
« on: April 28, 2020, 08:26:20 am »
Fist I'd want to say that I love "rom hack" and this is the best page for this. Thanks to all the community for maintaining the page.  ::)

This mod is my own idea of "remake" of final fantasy 7, the graphics are not the most important thing but I do some demonstration, in the future there will be changes, I also have a friend who makes 3D backgrounds in high resolution, all the information in link, including the credits:

https://youtu.be/qCnGnAmn1-4

This game not compete with the ps4 version, it's only an alternative, I offer my work from 2012 to 2020 that could serve as an official remastered / remake for Square Enix (classic version), although this will be very difficult to happen.

If you want to support it you can do it in link information.

Ask anything you want, I'll try to answer it asap in youtube or here.

Thanks!

Heaven Piercing Man

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy VII OVA Remake
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2020, 02:25:48 pm »
This is awesome, 3 questions:

- Is this for the PSX or PC?
- Did you unlock Sephiroth's lines right before the final boss?
- Could this be combined with the retranslation/canon addendum/whatever script editing?

Cloudiar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2020, 05:30:11 pm »
- Pc (windows 7/10)
- Can you rephrase the question? I didn't understand it, groups battle?
- I'll try to add the translation in modern english, and yes, can be edit content  :laugh:

romhackingaccount

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2020, 09:08:42 pm »
Good stuff Cloudiar, love what you've done. I really like how you added in the deleted parts.

Bregalad

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2020, 04:56:30 am »
Hello and welcome,
What does OVA stand for ? At first I just thought you remade the song "One Winged Anglel".

It's great you respect the original content, unlike Square-Enix themselves. So if I understood well the remake is almost finished and you're trying to get Square-Enix licence approval to release it ? That's a strange way to do things... but it'd certainly be of better quality than shitty remakes they pay TOSE to make... I suppose the quality of the work is not the same if it's an annoying job for which you have no interest but you're paid to do so, or if you're a fan and you do it just because you love the original with passion.

How are you going to avoid being cease & defect by Square-Enix ?

It's sad the boss music was affected in such a way, the instruments sounds good but the guitar is too loud and there's a bit of extra freedom I don't quite like. I'd rather have the music itself be 1:1 to the origina but with better instruments. Be careful of XG MIDIs circulating arround (riped from the PC version of the game), they contain errors and inacuracies to the original PS version.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 06:20:48 am by Bregalad »

Cloudiar

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2020, 08:47:25 am »
I like how OVA sounds, also it makes reference (although not literal) to what happens when a manga becomes anime, or when the anime has a film. It's my remake, so it has my own point of view. 

The remake is in a very advanced state, even though that my content being approved is an utopia, is my obligation to offer it since a good part of the content is usefull for a revision (bugs fix, cutscenes, etc...)

My version's music is charged externally, it sounds exactly the same as the original. 

Thanks for all the comments.

Heaven Piercing Man

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2020, 07:35:09 pm »
- Can you rephrase the question? I didn't understand it, groups battle?

One of the dummied scenes found by modders takes place during the black screen immediately before the One Winged Angel.

You win the group battle against Bizarro Sephiroth, screen goes dark, you hear the cry of the Planet [Dummied: and some threatening lines appear in the black screen saying "everything ends... everything will be reborn with me!" or something like that], the music starts playing and then the final battle opens.

I thought it was kinda creepy. I like creepy stuff.

Cloudiar

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2020, 09:31:23 am »
Curious, I never heard that.

I will not forget your comment, if it really is unused content I plan to add it, thank you very much!

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2020, 01:22:19 pm »
This game not compete with the ps4 version, it's only an alternative, I offer my work from 2012 to 2020 that could serve as an official remastered / remake for Square Enix (classic version), although this will be very difficult to happen.
You know people have been making all kinds of mods for FF7 for a long time, right?  Have you seen the Remako mod?
https://www.pcgamer.com/the-final-fantasy-7-remako-mod-is-the-best-way-to-play-the-original-game-on-pc/

This is not intended to diminish the significance of your work, but if Square didn't officially recognize any of that work, I don't think yours is likely to get different treatment. Just sayin'.

One of the dummied scenes found by modders takes place during the black screen immediately before the One Winged Angel.

You win the group battle against Bizarro Sephiroth, screen goes dark, you hear the cry of the Planet [Dummied: and some threatening lines appear in the black screen saying "everything ends... everything will be reborn with me!" or something like that], the music starts playing and then the final battle opens.
Is there a video of that somewhere?  It doesn't seem to be documented on TCRF.
https://tcrf.net/Final_Fantasy_VII/Unused_Text
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

SC

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2020, 03:37:23 pm »

I thought it was kinda creepy. I like creepy stuff.

The dummy text is at file blackbge, but no idea if it was supposed to be used where you say, though, I never traced it.

Japanese original:

……終わった……

終わったんだ……
……なにもかも……

なにも……かも……
終わりをつげ……

そしてこの私から
すべてがはじまる!!

Heaven Piercing Man

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2020, 10:41:29 pm »

Cloudiar

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2020, 08:32:58 pm »
Jorpho I know that, maybe, I also have something to show :

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=17791.0

What do you think about this?  :laugh:

This website is awesome! thanks! Me and more people will investigate the unused texts.

Heaven Piercing Man this is annotated (very cool) and I plan to add it, thanks !!!

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2020, 04:59:17 pm »
Jorpho I know that, maybe, I also have something to show :

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=17791.0

What do you think about this?  :laugh:
Yes, it's nice, but isn't he a long way from being finished? Are you trying to suggest that this work has gotten official recognition from Square?
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

Cloudiar

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2020, 10:34:24 am »
It's a huge project, so it takes a long time, sadly as excellent as it is, is not official.

Kallisto

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2020, 06:17:02 pm »
The project is incredibly impressive; I would play through FF7 again just for this (since I just recently played through it not long ago).

Now about trying to make this official.

I will tell you that would be a very difficult thing to pull off; Konami has shown some form of a blessing with the Lecarde Chronicles because there was official stuff going on in the background (also LC being a fan game rather than some remake).

When it comes to Square Enix..well they got a major pride issue; there were tools available for FF8 to become much more better WHICH THEY COULD HAVE LEARNED FROM, but instead they wanted to half-ass their own project with the FF8 remaster.

They also somewhat half-assed FF9 Remaster.

They really don't care about their legacy unless there is a dollar sign in front of it now.

Cloudiar

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2020, 05:58:42 pm »
It is true, really difficult, but I am offering this work, only with my "fix bug" they have for a good revision.

You are right, the remastrizations should be better, my remake is a giant fix bug, with many additions, cutscenes, others based on omega guide, others invented, with memory extensions (items, key items, matter), also with event extension, minigames, new matches ... long job, I hope to finish soon  ;)

Thanks!!

Morinis

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2020, 09:34:12 pm »
Doing a remake while the remake is out.  Nice  :D

Looks better than what the original had  :beer:

...just watch out for those pointy bits  :P
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK5S3RZCjv0O6FmXlSgmHXg

"If you get offended by my honesty then re-evaluate your hobbies on here."

Spooniest

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • Ain't got no berf cer-fi-ti-cate on me now
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2020, 08:09:58 am »
I'd cut it out with this talk of "If you think it can be the official game, support it" business.

You are going to get a letter from SE's lawyers extremely fast.
I never wanted to work in a pet shop, you know. I wanted to be...a lumberjack.

Cloudiar

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2020, 09:00:02 am »
Seriously, in the end more people buy the original to be able to play my remake, I don't think it's a tragedy.

If the game has a lot of support they will see money, then it is different.

If I say that he deserves support, it is for a very obvious reason, without detracting from the original game, but he surpasses it in most things, also being faithful to his style.

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2020, 11:26:54 am »
The battle models textured with the official art is a great idea. Are you able to add some animation to these textures? They would look a lot more natural if you could have them blink every so often. You could also consider toning down Tifa and Yuffie's smiles a bit, and give them a more serious/neutral expression in battle, like their original battle models. The permanent smile (and no blinking) make her unintentionally vicious (think the Villager in Smash Bros).

Your battle models and custom events are very unique. However, general script rewrites and graphic improvements would be competing against already popular mods included in Reunion, and Remako. You should probably consider having your models and other custom content available through existing community efforts like Reunion or 7th Heaven, so they can reach more people.