This is my second time messin' around with Mesen's HD Pack feature (first time was this Little Nemo patch https://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=28358.0
), lately I've been fooling around with some other games ( https://imgur.com/a/s3pnTFt
) and I think it's a really infravalorated tool that could see much more use with a few QoL improvements
Now a couple of questions pop up, that would certainly make the process much more streamlined.
1) Is it possible to rearrange the tile bank (once the output files are done) so they make more sense/it's easier to edit them? (kinda like this https://imgur.com/a/JCZYxFo
) this is specially important because the tiles eventually start repeating themselves (despite being the same exact sprite/tile)
2) In line with the previous point, is it possible to "match" a cetain sprite with certain graphics so you don't have to find and replace them in every single output tile?
3) Is there a way to easily output the tiles for editing (was thinking of a "movie" replay for Mesen of someone playing "X" game, but I have no idea if there's a repository for such thing) other than playing the game from start to finish and trigger every action/animation?
4) Is there a tool that allows you to add more animation frames to an existing animation or animate a static tile? or even more, add "variants" of a certain static tile that randomly replaces (say a block tile A that is used 30 times in a scene, but add tile B and C so A, B and C are used 10 times each in the same way tile A would have been randomly)
5) A way to completely replace a "blank" background with either a tile or a big bitmap?
The same could be said regarding the "add music" feature (like MSU-1 way of using remastered audio for SNES games) this could be great if there was a way to streamline the process of adding them for non-coder savy people.
Any help, much appreciated