News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Mato Projects (mostly FF4/6 stuff)  (Read 59038 times)

Kain Stryder

• View Profile
Re: Mato Projects (mostly FF4/6 stuff)
« Reply #220 on: November 25, 2021, 03:41:50 pm »
I'll throw my hand in to offer to maintain your work with my team since we already handle our work, the MSU-1, the html help files and such, especially if it helps you out.

Tomato

• View Profile
    • Legends of Localization
« Reply #221 on: November 25, 2021, 08:30:08 pm »
How difficult is it to adjust the timing on those event text windows? If it's as simple as changing a hex value or two, I probably have enough time and OCD to experiment and play around with those myself.

I feel like once the tools are released it'll be fairly easy for you or anyone to fix, and with some repeated trial and error it'll be simple enough to get the timing to your liking.

Kain: Regarding the "sister" line: what would you prefer the script say instead? I spent so much time researching FF11 stuff in Japanese and in English but ironically enough the sheer info overload in English combined with the info underload in Japanese made it trickier for me to navigate.

Kain Stryder

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 25, 2021, 09:20:20 pm »
I would probably just go with "Yve'noile..." to give context who was speaking to him prior. And no worries, FF11's a mess for lore and dialogue for those that have never played it (I can't even recall some of the lore anymore and I played for years), but you absolutely nailed everything related to it in this.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 09:30:54 pm by Kain Stryder »

Ballz

• party time excellent
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 25, 2021, 11:41:13 pm »
I feel like once the tools are released it'll be fairly easy for you or anyone to fix, and with some repeated trial and error it'll be simple enough to get the timing to your liking.

Cool deal. Most of them aren't too bad, there's just a couple where I'm halfway through reading and am like "Whoaaaa slow down there, buddy." And then there's the added complexity of that one Edgar/Celes interaction before the battle of Narshe that might need to deviate from the GBA translation to work without a hitch.

And just if I haven't said it enough, this is great work, Mato. I'm really happy I can finally play this on real hardware. Thanks for all the time and work you put into translating it. I feel like a kid again playing this game for the first time.
Ballzysoft Industries: Making rom hacks about once every 20 years. This decade's release: EarthBound MSU-1 Hip Hop Journey