News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Super Mario Kart: Super Circuit Demake v1.1 update  (Read 9967 times)

Dzumeister

• Zaubermancer
    • View Profile
Re: Super Mario Kart: Super Circuit Demake v1.1 update
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2020, 08:54:22 pm »
You should try importing the player sprites too!
free sluffy

Rootrick

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2020, 11:36:48 pm »
Lemme see if I can help. Are you sure that the ROM you are using is USA (NTSC)? And what emulator do you use? I just re-downloaded my patch to make sure it's not the issue and applied it to a standard USA Super Mario Kart ROM and it works fine on my main SNES emulator which is SNES9X GX. Both the PC version and Wii version. If you're using the Wii version by any chance you gotta have the patched ROM and the patch itself (in this case Super Mario Kart - Super Circuit Demake v1.1.ips) in the same directory

A Header problem, patch is for a Headered ROM.

Ligeia

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2020, 01:01:31 am »
Well I'm using the Super Mario Kart (USA).sfc rom found in the no-intro-nintendo-super-nintendo-entertainment-system-20170529 folder. I patched using Lunar IPS (I redid it several times just in case) and tried to play the rom with ZSNES on my PC and on Retroarch Switch. The result is always the same, the emulator freezes right away (I don't even get the Nintendo logo).

On the other hand I also tried SMK Epic Racers in the same conditions and it worked fine.

Maybe I need to use a different source rom ? But which one ? If you can help me make this work that would be great. Thank you  :thumbsup:

Here's a screeenshot of ZSNES when I launch the rom :

I tried using these roms, to no avail :
Super Mario Kart (U) [!].smc
Super Mario Kart (U) [h1].smc (with that one I get the Nintendo logo, then it freezes)
Super Mario Kart (U) [t1].smc

December 16, 2020, 11:07:00 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
A Header problem, patch is for a Headered ROM.

I added a header and it worked ! Thank you very much.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 11:07:01 am by Ligeia »

Rootrick

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2020, 03:32:29 pm »
You're welcome, glad to have helped.  :beer:

Ligeia

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2020, 05:35:10 am »
The hack is really very well done but my complaint would be that it's too hard compared to the original SMK, preventing it from feeling like a true official sequel. Except maybe a SMB2-like sequel lol. The tracks are generally way too narrow, I mean the Cheep Cheep Island bridge section is infuriating for instance. I may be a bit rusted but I'm still an experienced SMK player who's confortable with playing the original Special Cup in 150cc (to give you an idea of my skill level).

Flaviogames

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2021, 10:18:30 am »
it is not possible for new sprites is not it?