News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: PANZER DRAGOON SAGA orchestrated  (Read 800 times)

Evangelista

• View Profile
PANZER DRAGOON SAGA orchestrated
« on: March 14, 2020, 08:29:11 pm »
Hey everybody!! I’ve enjoyed a few great romhacks and fan translations over the years, but never visited the forums before - so this is a first. I grew up playing Sega Saturn and adored Panzer Dragoon Saga, which I bought back in 98. I replayed it on Mednafen last year and was stunned by the accuracy of the emulation. I was equally thrilled about the 20 year anniversary album with the game soundtrack rethought and redone in an amazing way.  :angel:

Now... How difficult would you all think it would be to via romhacking replace the old (still good) music with the new (great) music?  :)

I did some googling and found this...
https://segasaturngroup.proboards.com/thread/2050/change-game-music

Now - give me your thoughts! Is this doable?  :thumbsup:

https://youtu.be/dOIWvcVqNDY

gremkin

• View Profile
Re: PANZER DRAGOON SAGA orchestrated
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2020, 04:58:44 pm »
Unfortunately that guide is if the games audio is in Waveform format.

Quick look at the files on Panzer Dragoon Saga, and the audio is in .PCM format.

You would have to find a way to convert the audio to PCM.

FAST6191

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2020, 07:15:08 pm »
I don't know what is required here but exporting as PCM is doable simply enough in Audacity (nice little open source audio editor). Hopefully no need to find some near forgotten script someone hacked together in VB some decades ago.

In the version I have here it is file - export - other uncompressed files and then headerless and whatever flavour of PCM you care for (you would presumably have sorted the frequency, channels and whatnot beforehand. Frequency can be done with "tracks - resample").

Assuming it does not simply detect it then you can import it as well with file - import - raw data and selecting the appropriate options.

Evangelista

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2020, 02:18:05 pm »
I don't know what is required here but exporting as PCM is doable simply enough in Audacity (nice little open source audio editor). Hopefully no need to find some near forgotten script someone hacked together in VB some decades ago.

In the version I have here it is file - export - other uncompressed files and then headerless and whatever flavour of PCM you care for (you would presumably have sorted the frequency, channels and whatnot beforehand. Frequency can be done with "tracks - resample").

Assuming it does not simply detect it then you can import it as well with file - import - raw data and selecting the appropriate options.

Thank you so much!! I’ll get to work and let you know if there is progress. :)