News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: [JPN -> ENG] [MD] Surging Aura  (Read 1689 times)

RedComet

• View Profile
    • Twilight Translations
[JPN -> ENG] [MD] Surging Aura
« on: March 22, 2020, 04:40:28 pm »
I'm looking for a Japanese-to-English translator who can make short work of the Surging Aura script once and for all. A lot of translators have come and gone over the last decade that I've been working on this project, but none have been able to see it through to completion. I do have a partial translation from a previous translator from about 3 years ago which I'll happily make available.

The UTF-8 script contains approximately 214000 characters and clocks in at 347Kb. If there's a format other than text that you would prefer to work with (spreadsheet, etc), let me know and we can make that happen.

Example of the script:

Code: [Select]
//[03767E = 0300]
#WRITEINDEX($3767E,1)
#WRITE(PtrTable)

//世界を滅ぼす、闇の呪法典。<LINE>
//この呪法典をめぐる、光と闇の<LINE>
//呪法師どうしの戦い・・・<STOP>

This project has been in progress since around 2009. All of the ASM modifications to support a VWF have been implemented and tested in the various scenarios where text is rendered in-game. Barring any issues that come up once the translated script is inserted, everything should be squared away from the technical side of the project.

I have some tooling left to write to support formatting and inserting the translated script which won't take much time. There is a decent amount of free space in the ROM that I'm hoping will be enough to accommodate the translated script. I have a working Huffman compressor implemented after about a day of work. I need to update the in-game routines to support decompressing text and some other potential optimizations on the table to consider if necessary. I would like to avoid that if at all possible. Obviously, I need the translated script to make any of these decisions.

I also have a physical copy of the game and I would love to get the manual translated. That would be a stretch goal if you're up for it.

I would really like to see this project get wrapped up by the end of the year, so if you think you can help, let's talk!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 05:23:26 pm by RedComet »
Twilight Translations - More than just Dragonball Z. :P

Guadozoku

• View Profile
Re: [JPN -> ENG] [MD] Surging Aura
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2020, 03:28:48 pm »
I'll do it if all the kanji are in there. I looked at the version in the abandoned projects section and it wasn't complete., so if it's ready for translation now, I'm in.