I like it to use the official SNES emu on Switch, the SNES Online
It's similar and comparable to SNEC canoe.
I noticed a thread here discussing about canoe patches, so it would be cool to get the last roms fixed that don't run fine on SNES Online.
For the most roms the known patches work fine but not for all.
Of course I used the awesome sfrom tool and I tried all different kind of roms like [a1],[h1C] etc.
So here are the last problem roms:normal roms
- American Tail - Fievel goes West (hangs before gameplay starts)
With the existing canoe patch it starts but crashes before level 1 gameplay start.
But the demo levels are working.
- Asterix (E) (M4)
sound is broken, with and without NTSC patch
- Clay Fighter - Tournament Edition (freezes during the first fight)
- Clay Fighter 2 - Judgment Clay (freezes during the first fight)
- Goof Troop
transparency issue in dark cave rooms (level 3) - but fully playable
- Sonic Blast Man (bad graphic errors)
This rom normally works fine, so it's strange getting graphic errors here:
- Sonic Blast Man II (bad graphic errors)
Same like with part 1:
Starts and is playable. But in level one fore- and background are flickering extremely
- Street Fighter Alpha 2
It's fully playable but still has some graphic errors:
- Super Off Road - The Baja (bad graphics - ground faulty)
Street changes position many times
- Appleseed - Prometheus no Shintaku (J)
bad graphic errors
- Arcus Spirits (Beta) [Arcus Odyssey (USA) (Proto)]
english beta version doesn't start even with the existing canoe patch
- Hiryuu no Ken S - Hyper Version (J) (not starting)
- Kat's Run - Zennihon K Car Senshuken (J) (not starting)
- Zig Zag Cat - Dachou Club mo Oosawagi da (J) (not starting)
- Chrono Trigger - Flames of Eternity
It starts but you only hear the sound but nothing visible, only black screen.
- Super Naxat Open - Spike McFangs Golf Battle (J)
english translation not starting
- The Legend of Zelda - Parallel Remodel
tried all different versions, all don't even start
- Xak - The Art of Visual Stage (J)
Another question I have:
There exist translated roms that work fine as english translation but not in other languages.
- Dragon Quest III (J)
Therefore exists an canoe patch for the english translation.
- Tales of Phantasia (J)
There exist a canoe patch and a translation patch (not english !).
But they don't fit together. Using first one patch the other patch doesn't work: "Not intended for this rom"
Could it be possible to apply this fixing changes to other language translations aswell somehow using a hexeditor ?