I'm the developer of Dragon Skill
, a small NES homebrew game I'm developing, development started in 2005 and halted arround 2015. I might profit of the current epidemy to re-enable that project.
The game is a Zelda-like action RPG, there is no village however, very little storyline, only dungeons levels. The levels and their related music are as following:
- Level 1 : Mountains - music already composed and arranged
- Level 2 : Cave - music already composed and arranged
- Level 3 : Forest - music already composed and arranged
- Level 4 : Desert - music composed, but not yet arranded for NES hardware
- Level 5 : Volcano - no music yet.
- Level 6 : The cahos (a cahotic level with boss re-fights) - no music yet
- Boss music : Already composed and arranged
- Game over music : Already composed and arranged
- Victory music : Already composed and arranged
- Ending music : No music yet.
I use my own music driver, which doesn't allow advanced features such as vibrato on purpose to save RAM. Also I used a special "style" where I use triangle wave as melody, and the two square waves for bass and counterpoint. In order to be consistant with the game, the music that remains would have to follow a similar style.
So you can have a try to compose music for Level 5, Level 6 or Ending. I can send you some screenshots of the level if this inspires you.
If somebody has a project that is more likely to be completed one day, or if you feel like it's too much limiting, or not the type of game you were looking for, I fully understand !
Note : Once the game will be released, it will be released as a free-to-download ROM and everyone contributing will be credited.