News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Suggestions for damage input for custom Megaman 1 weapons  (Read 1738 times)

Timaeus

• Noel <3
    • View Profile
Suggestions for damage input for custom Megaman 1 weapons
« on: February 20, 2020, 06:20:11 pm »
  I finally got things moving on slowly with my hack, and I managed to edit Rolling Cutter and Fire Storm, and I know how to edit their damage for every enemy. However, while I have my own thoughs for the balanced new damage chart, I would like to hear suggestions of how many hits should take to destroy the enemies of the game.

Rolling Cutter now goes faster, longer, in a slightly upwards angle and it uses one unit per shot. However, it does not pierce through enemies after the hit anymore, but it goes all the way across the screen pratically.

Fire Storm's shield is now more scattered and the fireball goes almost the same and uses two units.

Sorry for no images. I cannot find a good and safe way to show up uploaded pics on here anymore.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 10:12:09 pm by Timaeus »

acediez

• View Profile
Re: Suggestions for damage input for custom Megaman 1 weapons
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2020, 08:42:31 am »
Looking forward for more hacks with customized weapons  :woot!:

I think a dedicated Mega Man community would be better for this kind of feedback though... You want comments from people who know the game well as a player, not necessarily hackers. Doesn’t look like there many classic Mega Man hackers active on this board anyway.

Timaeus

• Noel <3
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions for damage input for custom Megaman 1 weapons
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2020, 01:23:24 pm »
Yeah. I noticed that. I was thinking about deleting the topic. If I ever need to join a community, I can use discord since my friend there have some contacts. Thank you for the comment.