News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Translations: Phantasy Star Retranslation Project  (Read 33563 times)

Grave Wisdom

• The Gaming Sage
    • View Profile
Re: Translations: Phantasy Star Retranslation Project
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2006, 10:38:09 am »
Yeah, that's a problem a lot of people had with PS3. It was VERY slow paced.
"I have come back from the dead, and am now Red Pison"

p4ch3c0

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2006, 12:17:06 pm »
HEY! PS3 isn't all bad. Although, it probably should've been a gaiden title, instead of a Phantasy Star proper...

well i suppose they wanted to make PS3 a gaiden, but decided themselves for ths gamegear crap. i just didnt like that changing generations aspect of PS3. hell, i d like to finish the game with the same person i began the game!

That's what I loved about Dragon Quest V.

Grave Wisdom

• The Gaming Sage
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2006, 08:18:40 pm »
Yeah, Dragon Quest 5 just may be my favorite game in the whole series, but I love them all...so it's tough!

bahamutX

« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2006, 10:30:19 am »
well DQ5 was quite a different pair of shoes for me. it properly fitted into the story+the change took place relatively early in the game.
Yeah, Dragon Quest 5 just may be my favorite game in the whole series, but I love them all...so it's tough!
DQ6 s my absolute favorit in the series. i ve not played DQ8 though...

Gideon Zhi

• Discord Staff
    • View Profile
    • Aeon Genesis
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2006, 10:06:08 pm »
So the 4th game directly ties in with the 1st? Hmm might have to play that one. Only played PS1 and PS2 so far. Had wanted to complete them in order.

Phantasy Star 1, 2, and 4 form a cohesive trilogy, albeit the games themselves having a span of several hundred years between installments. Phantasy Star 3 is kind of a sidestory, and [ps2 spoiler!] details what happens to one of the colony ships sent off after Parma explodes in PS2. [end spoiler.] You see one of those colony ships in PS4, it's an optional dungeon in fact, but I don't believe it's the same one as in Phantasy Star 3.

DaMarsMan

• Bring DQV
    • View Profile
    • DQ Translations!
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2006, 01:36:43 am »
They should work on the PS2 versions instead.

Neil

• Submission Reviewer
  • Circuit Rider
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2006, 07:26:06 am »
the ps2 version does have sweet graphics, but the original still has a place in my heart.

(wraith)

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2006, 07:01:45 am »
Did I here correctly that they scrapped the US release of the PS2 version?

Seriously, I will be sad if they did.

Neil

• Submission Reviewer
  • Circuit Rider
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2006, 11:23:13 am »
seems that way. :/

by the way, I just got the space ship.
i hope they finish this retranslation... i forgot how horrible the dialogue in the original is.

bahamutX

« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2006, 11:55:08 am »
i dont think the PS2 version ll be ever released in USA/EUR. sega sucks!

Dragonsbrethren

• View Profile
    • Dragonsbrethren Industries
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2006, 11:58:17 am »
Maybe Sega just realizes it won't be profitable to release them, I doubt that outside of the fan comunity there is much demand.

bahamutX

« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2006, 12:01:46 pm »
Maybe Sega just realizes it won't be profitable to release them, I doubt that outside of the fan comunity there is much demand.
thats a point. on the other side the fan community of fantasy star s huge. AND this would be the first nice rpg by sega since PS4. btw how well did PS1 remake sell in japan?

KaioShin

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
    • The Romhacking Aerie
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2006, 12:22:34 pm »
on the other side the fan community of fantasy star s huge.

Is it really? Think about it. Here in our community which mainly consists of RPG addicts sure Phantasy Star is huge. But think about the american market as a whole. The overwhelming majority wants sports games, cheap movie conversions and simple action games. At best some of them want a game like Final Fantasy. But how many would really buy a remake of Phantasy Star??? Not many, really not many.
All my posts are merely personal opinions and not statements of fact, even if they are not explicitly prefixed by "In my opinion", "IMO", "I believe", or similar modifiers. By reading this disclaimer you agree to reply in spirit of these conditions.

Dragonsbrethren

• View Profile
    • Dragonsbrethren Industries
« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2006, 12:25:58 pm »
Yeah, the RPG market really picked up here after FF7's huge success, but after so many terrible RPGs came out I think people fell back on blowing shit up and playing football (With 10,000 new shades of green on the field!) while sitting on the couch, really.

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2006, 03:11:32 pm »
Well, Sega's plan was to release PS1, 2 and 4 in one package.
Though since SoJ hasn't remade PS4 yet, SoA would have to include an emulated PS4, which wouldn't sit as well with remade PS1 and 2, likely.
And by the time SoJ were to do Phantasy Star 4, will the PlayStation 2 market still be here?
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Grave Wisdom

• The Gaming Sage
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2006, 07:34:03 am »

NO, they'd rather just keep dumping crappy ass Phantasy Star Online and Shining Force Action/Rpg's on us!!! DAMN THEM TO HELL!!!! :(

bahamutX

« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2006, 09:29:21 am »
on the other side the fan community of fantasy star s huge.

Is it really? Think about it. Here in our community which mainly consists of RPG addicts sure Phantasy Star is huge. But think about the american market as a whole. The overwhelming majority wants sports games, cheap movie conversions and simple action games. At best some of them want a game like Final Fantasy. But how many would really buy a remake of Phantasy Star??? Not many, really not many.

well phantasy star, of course wont have such a huge success compared to final fantasy7. BUT its also not meant to ve such success. it can be released on PSP (being the best rpg there with ease) or for PS2 as acollectors package (like e.g. lunar). i think it ll sell pretty well. like i said its important to have s good selling in japan. also compared to other remakes which were made in the last times (arcade hits and all this shit) this remake ll really shine. also it could repair a damaged reputation of "shining" series.

RyuHoshi

« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2006, 08:22:48 am »
Actually... i hated everything in the PS series that came out after PS4... I mean that PSO crap sux... big time... no plot, repetitive dungeons... No thrill... I was hoping that SEGA wouldn't become a company to make "Hack&Slash OMJOSH!! I R TEH RICH!" kind of company... I looked a few snapshots from the new PS - Universe... It's kinda the same like PSO but with a plot >_>... OK - one down, now if they could just remove the Hack And Slash system - everything would've been great!
 And besides... I myself would like to see what happened after PS4 ended... and continue the story from there... that PSO atmosphere is much to my disliking... too limited in means of venturing... I mean "Teleport from here to there" isn't exactly the same as "Go from here to there, whilst kicking monsters arsch and reach the next city" or something like that... That really pissed me off >_>