News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Mortal Kombat SNES blood + gore hack / uncensored.  (Read 30209 times)

ShadowOne333

• View Profile
Re: Mortal Kombat SNES blood + gore hack / uncensored.
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2020, 01:08:08 am »
Gotta say this is surely looking like the best version of MK on console, for sure.
I'm really looking forward to how this hack progresses :)

hackedretrogaming

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2020, 05:39:09 am »
NEW UPDATE

With Snark-4918's help, crash is fixed. If there are any other bugs please let me know. I am also working on a vanilla, and   巫怨 headless sub boss version NTSC patches.

PS - Also there is one bug I am aware of with Shang Tsung sprites looking corrupted. It is because it shares a tile with the blood sprites. I filled that one in on purpose to add more blood to uppercut movements. fixing up a few possible corruptions is on the list. 

Link to Uncensored Champ Edition ips - http://www.mediafire.com/file/ipjt858cfxijjmc/Mortal_Kombat_Champion_Edition_-_Uncensored.ips/file

ShadowOne333

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2020, 11:18:57 am »
Glad to see this project still being worked on!
It's one of my most wished-for hacks I have followed.

Can't wait to see what else is planned :)

niuus

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2020, 03:44:09 pm »
NEW UPDATE

With Snark-4918's help, crash is fixed. If there are any other bugs please let me know. I am also working on a vanilla, and   巫怨 headless sub boss version NTSC patches.

PS - Also there is one bug I am aware of with Shang Tsung sprites looking corrupted. It is because it shares a tile with the blood sprites. I filled that one in on purpose to add more blood to uppercut movements. fixing up a few possible corruptions is on the list. 

Link to Uncensored Champ Edition ips - http://www.mediafire.com/file/ipjt858cfxijjmc/Mortal_Kombat_Champion_Edition_-_Uncensored.ips/file
Great! Super awesome to see this one alive and well.

More blood on the uppercuts would be a welcome addition!  :beer:

For those interested, MSU-1 is not compatible with this patch (hangs with a black screen).

Thanks for fixing the crash, @hackedretrogaming.

Question for the experts: is the known input lag in the game somehow fixable?

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2020, 07:05:24 pm »
Forgive my ignorance, but what is Yuan, where is it from, and why is it cursing us?

hackedretrogaming

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2020, 11:21:36 pm »
Forgive my ignorance, but what is Yuan, where is it from, and why is it cursing us?

Inspired by the band Enemite and Taoist Gong Tau Chinese black magic and the legend of the cursed floating head. It was just a character I made up in order to test adding new sprites to MK snes.

December 09, 2020, 11:25:00 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Great! Super awesome to see this one alive and well.

More blood on the uppercuts would be a welcome addition!  :beer:

For those interested, MSU-1 is not compatible with this patch (hangs with a black screen).

Thanks for fixing the crash, @hackedretrogaming.

Question for the experts: is the known input lag in the game somehow fixable?

No problem.
I tried making it work with the MSU-1 patch, I'll try and look into that.
I am trying to add as many improvements as I can with the knowledge and trickery I know.

If anyone wants to help or has a bigger understanding with SNES rom hacking, let me know.
It's been goal for me to try and make the best possible version of MK1 snes.

niuus

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2020, 12:07:48 am »
I tried making it work with the MSU-1 patch, I'll try and look into that.
I am trying to add as many improvements as I can with the knowledge and trickery I know.

If anyone wants to help or has a bigger understanding with SNES rom hacking, let me know.
It's been goal for me to try and make the best possible version of MK1 snes.
The patch made it really worthwhile to go back to this port, as it has great colors over the Genesis/Sega CD, and having extra characters is definitely super fun  8). I hope this gets as much attention/help as it deserves, since every step in restoring the cut content makes it more enjoyable.

Just in case, the MSU-1 patch i tried is:
https://www.zeldix.net/t1663-mortal-kombat

hackedretrogaming

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2020, 08:33:33 am »
The patch made it really worthwhile to go back to this port, as it has great colors over the Genesis/Sega CD, and having extra characters is definitely super fun  8). I hope this gets as much attention/help as it deserves, since every step in restoring the cut content makes it more enjoyable.

Just in case, the MSU-1 patch i tried is:
https://www.zeldix.net/t1663-mortal-kombat

I'll have to play with this one, MSU-1 patches are not my forte. Maybe the sound files are missing or not dragged in the same folder or at least that was the case with the Killer Instinct snes MSU-1 arcade restoration rom. I would really love to fully restore the SNES rom to it's full arcade counter part 1 to 1, but I'm just using as much trickery as I know to just add more blood and gore to the existing SNES version. If people want to jump in and help, it would be much appreciated. 

niuus

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2020, 10:56:33 am »
I'll have to play with this one, MSU-1 patches are not my forte. Maybe the sound files are missing or not dragged in the same folder or at least that was the case with the Killer Instinct snes MSU-1 arcade restoration rom. I would really love to fully restore the SNES rom to it's full arcade counter part 1 to 1, but I'm just using as much trickery as I know to just add more blood and gore to the existing SNES version. If people want to jump in and help, it would be much appreciated.
It's okey. Your hack is still more important, someone may eventually fix the MSU-1 conflict.  :thumbsup:

ShadowOne333

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2020, 11:41:02 am »
About the MSU-1 compatibility:
A way to start, would be to have 3 ROMs ready.

1) Vanilla MK
2) Proper MSU-1 MK
3) Champion+Uncensored MK

The method to start debugging this from my perspective, would be to compare the vanilla MK ROM against the MSU-1 patched ROM with a Hex comparison.

Once the start of the MSU-1 code is located, we need to take the address and code from the vanilla ROM where the MSU-1 code would start, and then try to find the matching section of code from the vanilla ROM into the Champion ROM.

Once that's located, then that'd be the new place to start the hijack in the Champion ROM for the MSU-1 hack. This would need to be done for every hijack the MSU-1 does, and move the hijack's JSR/JMP to free space of the Champion ROM to make it fully compatible.

RealGaea

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2020, 02:12:16 pm »
Can anyone check the hex adresses for these stages BGMs?

Regular Goro's Lair plays Palace Gates instead of Warrior Shrine. (I don't know if Shang Tsung battle will have his own theme.)

The Pit Bottom also has Palace Gates, when it should be Tsung's Throne.

I'm aiming to be as close as the arcade.

niuus

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2021, 10:01:08 pm »
Hi hackedretrogaming! Is there any new small progress with this, or should it be considered done for the time being?

Hostmaster

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2021, 10:47:46 am »
Hi everybody! Anyone tried the fatalities with the Champion edition Uncensored version of this hack?, They don't seem to work. They work perfectly with the no blood version and the Curse of Yuan versions

resurrecta

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2021, 02:05:51 pm »
I'm a slightly bit confused with the links posted throughout this thread.
What was the last uncensored patch?

Hostmaster

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2021, 05:22:34 am »
I'm a slightly bit confused with the links posted throughout this thread.
What was the last uncensored patch?

I think there are 4 patches.

Mortal Kombat Champion Edition NTSC ---- (No Blood) Fatalities OK
Mortal Kombat Champion Edition Uncensored NTSC---- (with Blood) Fatalities NOT working
Mortal Kombat Curse of Yuan Hack PAL----- (with Blood) New Boss instead of Goro,  Fatalities OK
Mortal Kombat Uncensored PAL ----(With Blood) Fatalities OK

I tried to apply the blood color fix patch to the Mortal Kombat Champion Edition, and the game freezes in the first combat

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2885/

This one works for the blood (Red Blood and Easy Moves) but it deactivates the fatalities, and adds the easy moves wich IMHO they suck

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3998/

So I guess there's no way to have the Champion Edition Edition with Blood and Fatalities, I hope the creator or someone can fix this. :-\