News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Help with an Evil Dead Hail to the King joke  (Read 1850 times)

mgl_jackic

• View Profile
Help with an Evil Dead Hail to the King joke
« on: January 17, 2020, 06:10:22 am »
Greetings,

I am currently working on a Spanish translation for this game and I am trying to add subtitles to every video in the game and I found a couple of dialogs I really can not understand, one of the being this line:

Spoiler:
Abdul Alzeez : It is possible. Yees, I might be able to grant you control assorts over your hand, given the proper spell...

Ash : And, you got that spell handy? Oops, sorry.

Abdul Alzeez : For what?

Thas is a conversation between Ash and the person who translated the Necronomicon, I think Ahs apologizes for making a joke about self-pleasuring oneself but I am not really sure...

The other bit, so far, I have trouble with is the line spoke by Deadite Annie, it can be found at 11:54 in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwXaTMy8K9E&t=713s

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

danke

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Help with an Evil Dead Hail to the King joke
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2020, 12:58:18 pm »
https://www.quotes.net/mquote/29721
"Someone's in my fruit cellar! Someone with a fresh soul!"

mgl_jackic

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2020, 02:29:07 pm »
https://www.quotes.net/mquote/29721
"Someone's in my fruit cellar! Someone with a fresh soul!"

Thanks a lot!!!

AdamDravian

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2020, 06:07:15 am »
I found a couple of dialogs I really can not understand, one of the being this line:

Spoiler:
Abdul Alzeez : It is possible. Yees, I might be able to grant you control assorts over your hand, given the proper spell...

Ash : And, you got that spell handy? Oops, sorry.

Abdul Alzeez : For what?

Thas is a conversation between Ash and the person who translated the Necronomicon, I think Ahs apologizes for making a joke about self-pleasuring oneself but I am not really sure...

I haven't played the game, but this is what I would assume from the context of the dialogue you provided. Abdul is talking about a spell that will grant Ash control over his hand, so then Ash asks if he happens to have that spell handy (as in: on hand, or readily available). Then Ash realizes that he made a lame pun and apologizes. It's the kind of wordplay joke in which a person would often follow it up by saying "Pun not intended" but instead of saying that, Ash merely apologizes.
Writer of the '80s-themed webcomic Satan Ninja 198X

jackic

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2020, 07:47:24 pm »
Thanks a lot for the reply, I localized it accordingly and was the last piece to finish the game.