News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Poll

How should Super Mario Bros 1 backgrounds look?

Darker like the NES game
Stay lighter like All-Stars

Author Topic: Super Mario All-Stars Redrawn ( SMB2 Demo now available in OP )  (Read 200328 times)

Flaviogames

• View Profile
Re: Super Mario All-Stars Redrawn ( SMB2 Demo now available in OP )
« Reply #560 on: May 14, 2021, 04:55:09 pm »
pocket: your project is amazing don't give up, the suggestions you said i just found the part of mario saves Peach, Luigi saves Daisy, this may even be easy for you to add, you know i'll be doing smw several times just with mario never with Luigi, in this case I would end with luigi too because the end would be different, it seems that the whole difficulty will be in SMB3 for what you said, but it goes with patience that works, this games will be remarkable and not just another hack from Mario :thumbsup:

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #561 on: May 14, 2021, 05:52:35 pm »
And 2. A few people earlier in the thread mentioned the possibility of adding things to this project that I myself cannot do like giving Luigi his own physics or allowing every false Bowser to have unique graphics, or to alter Peach's graphics depending on who the player is playing as ( ie, Mario saves Peach, Luigi saves Daisy ) and some other cool things that may lengthen the time this hack takes.

Don't feel pressured to add every single thing the users suggest. Better to focus on the things you originally set out to do before adding too much to the scope of the project.
Best wishes to you. Take your time, have fun!

LooneyTunerIan

• View Profile
« Reply #562 on: May 17, 2021, 12:30:20 pm »
Are there are going to be any sprite sheets based on the sprites that you've made?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2021, 07:42:12 pm by LooneyTunerIan »

pocket

• Super Mario Bros. Super Nerd
    • View Profile
    • my gaming tumblr
« Reply #563 on: May 26, 2021, 03:08:07 am »
Are there are going to be any sprite sheets based on the sprites that you've made?
I don't plan to make any sprite sheets personally, putting the sprites together in YYCHR is tedious enough as it is. But I welcome anyone who wants the sprites to rip them. I don't really care about credit, but I don't want to give them away to anyone who isn't helping out with this hack until after the hack is released, so please wait until then.

Now, I've successfully done a system restore, and all the programs that stopped working, including YYCHR and my emulators, are working again, so crisis averted  ( computer is still a slow piece of junk though )
Somebody alert me when a user friendly BS Zelda hacking tool is made. I will give my soul to work on a faithful SNES remake of Zelda 1.

Flaviogames

• View Profile
« Reply #564 on: May 26, 2021, 08:30:34 am »
pocket: we are looking forward :crazy:

LooneyTunerIan

• View Profile
« Reply #565 on: May 26, 2021, 09:19:33 pm »
You all will be happy to know that the VG Resource is now accepting Fan ROM-Made Sprites and Backgrounds from any Fan-Made Game.

Whether it be Mario, Sonic, etc., you'll be able to post the Custom ROM sprites there.

So good luck to anyone who can rip the sprites and stuff from this game.

RStffan

• View Profile
« Reply #566 on: June 01, 2021, 01:10:05 pm »
Hey, this looks really cool, I love projects that try to bring games closer to their boxart. I just have one question, will it be possible to do this for Super Mario Advance 1 & 4? I think those are the best versions of those games and I'd love to see them with these sprites.

pocket

• Super Mario Bros. Super Nerd
    • View Profile
    • my gaming tumblr
« Reply #567 on: June 22, 2021, 11:56:58 pm »
Hey, this looks really cool, I love projects that try to bring games closer to their boxart. I just have one question, will it be possible to do this for Super Mario Advance 1 & 4? I think those are the best versions of those games and I'd love to see them with these sprites.

I took a look at the Super Mario Advance games in YYCHR and could not figure out how to do anything with it. So if somebody does decide that it's a project worth tackling, then I give them my full blessing to use my sprites for such a project once the SNES versions are done.  Don't expect me to make a Yoshi's Island version though, that game looks perfect the way it is anyway.  I have to imagine GBA hacking isn't as easy as SNES hacking though or we'd have a billion Super Mario World for GBA hacks already. The ability to switch off between Mario and Luigi with different sprites and abilities with no weird bugs seems to be a white whale of the SMW hacking community.
Somebody alert me when a user friendly BS Zelda hacking tool is made. I will give my soul to work on a faithful SNES remake of Zelda 1.