News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Poll

What should I do for the Princess in Vanilla Lost Levels?

Leave her the same as SMB1
Leave her the same as SMB1 but with slightly different dress
Leave her the same as SMB1 but with a ponytail
Swap her out for Daisy
White and Red Dress like the Famicom version

Author Topic: Super Mario All-Stars Redrawn  (Read 58465 times)

julayla

• View Profile
Re: Super Mario All-Stars Redrawn
« Reply #280 on: February 25, 2020, 09:04:56 am »
Yep, he looks less freaky humanoid and more like a Toad now.

Domino089

• View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 25, 2020, 02:58:21 pm »
EDIT: Always weirded me out how Toad kinda looked like he had a ears, a nose, and a little bit of hair in the minigame houses so I changed him to look more like his art, and also made him more lively.

Since you mentions the minigames houses I would love to see Mario and Luigi according to the transformation they have at the moment, the original game only shows us Mario (Luigi), Super Mario (Luigi) and Mario (Luigi) Raccoon. Missing (Mario and Luigi) Fire, Hammer, Tanooki and Frog (For these the original game only employs Super Mario (Luigi)). I know that you do not have the ability to do this but it is possible that you include it in the requests list maybe someone is interested in doing so and can redirect the appropriate image of Mario and Luigi according to the suit they have at the time.

Something that if you can fix in the mini games house at the moment is the image of small Mario and Luigi they need white gloves and if possible fix their eyes and put the white part
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 06:09:48 pm by Domino089 »

pocket

• Super Mario Bros. Super Nerd
    • View Profile
    • my gaming tumblr
« Reply #282 on: February 26, 2020, 11:34:43 pm »
Since you mentions the minigames houses I would love to see Mario and Luigi according to the transformation they have at the moment, the original game only shows us Mario (Luigi), Super Mario (Luigi) and Mario (Luigi) Raccoon. Missing (Mario and Luigi) Fire, Hammer, Tanooki and Frog (For these the original game only employs Super Mario (Luigi)). I know that you do not have the ability to do this but it is possible that you include it in the requests list maybe someone is interested in doing so and can redirect the appropriate image of Mario and Luigi according to the suit they have at the time.

Something that if you can fix in the mini games house at the moment is the image of small Mario and Luigi they need white gloves and if possible fix their eyes and put the white part

I think we can assume that if I make a change to one sprite, i'm going to try to make it universal across all sprites, but to answer your question, yes.

It's slightly based on my Big Mario sprites since that's basically what they did in the original game. I don't know if i'll change the "Big" Mario sprite for minigames beyond giving him blue eyes and the yellow soles on his shoes, we'll see.

I'll add your other suggestions to the OP. I don't know if I want to add too much more to the OP because at this point I feel like i'm asking people to do more work than I am.

I like it!

New toad looks good too, though it seems you've simplified the shading of his head a bit so it's a tad flatter.

See above, better?

Haven't had much time to work on sprites recently, though aside from player sprites and things I need to wait for the build script for, all that's left is polishing, there's very few unedited sprites left in the game aside from a few blocks and items I don't intend to change... also SMB3 items but I think I need to find a more organized approach for that, I can't tell where any of the items are used when I'm editing the combined GFX.

EDIT: Wow. New Super Mario All-Stars for NES hack on the front page has Mario Bros. Classic.   Now I really wish I could squeeze an extra game in there. I can dream.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 04:06:13 am by pocket »
Somebody alert me when a user friendly BS Zelda hacking tool is made. I will give my soul to work on a faithful SNES remake of Zelda 1.

PresidentLeever

• View Profile
    • Mini-Revver
« Reply #283 on: March 03, 2020, 12:22:17 pm »
It looks to me like the original head uses at least one more shade, adding more depth. But it's not a big deal.
Mini-reviews, retro sound chip tribute, romhacks and general listage at my site: Mini-Revver.

WebSlinger

• View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 03, 2020, 02:17:20 pm »
Still need any help with the rom?  Text hacking or anything? Seems all my replied get ignored for some strange reason.

Razieldemon

• View Profile
« Reply #285 on: March 03, 2020, 03:25:53 pm »
maybe the thread was moving too fast... hes said a few times hes open to help. Id love to see a variant where luigi physics gets some love in smb1 smb2 smb3 and smw as an alternate hack of this. Id take an adjusted x axis and y axis mod if itd perform well.

pocket

• View Profile
    • my gaming tumblr
« Reply #286 on: March 03, 2020, 11:48:52 pm »
Still need any help with the rom?  Text hacking or anything? Seems all my replied get ignored for some strange reason.

I did reply to you, check the bottom of reply #264, but in a word, yes I still need help, but I'm still waiting for darksamus933's build script before I do anything other than editing pixels.

maybe the thread was moving too fast... hes said a few times hes open to help. Id love to see a variant where luigi physics gets some love in smb1 smb2 smb3 and smw as an alternate hack of this. Id take an adjusted x axis and y axis mod if itd perform well.

I would love that, maybe even add Luigi's bouncier fireballs from Super Mario Advance.  I think this could only be done by disabling two player though. I don't know that for sure, being that i'm only a pixel artist and all. But if that be the case, I would love to make that an alternate version, as I think the classic "Take turns" multiplayer is lame and could do without it.  The only down side is my Mario Bros. Arcade sprites would go unused.

In any case, sorry for the long silence, haven't been working on the project lately, been taking a bit of a break to indulge in other distractions, attend to other obligations, ect.  And there's not a ton left to do anyway. Mostly just player sprite stuff and a few other bits and pieces here and there.  Everything else is not within my ability to do so, or it's stuff that has to wait until after I get that build script. 
Somebody alert me when a user friendly BS Zelda hacking tool is made. I will give my soul to work on a faithful SNES remake of Zelda 1.

Razieldemon

• View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 04, 2020, 01:16:17 am »
im honestly blown away by what you did in a short amount of time. I work exactly the same way. Unfortunately when I burn out im fully burnt out uulsually.

this has so much promise im fine with relaxing until your batteries are recharged.

darksamus is super reliable so its just a matter of time i think.

WebSlinger

• View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 09, 2020, 06:41:45 pm »
I did reply to you, check the bottom of reply #264, but in a word, yes I still need help, but I'm still waiting for darksamus933's build script before I do anything other than editing pixels
My bad, didn't see that since that was a large reply :P
Yeah I can most definitely change Clawglip to Clawgrip. 8)

pocket

• View Profile
    • my gaming tumblr
« Reply #289 on: March 10, 2020, 09:18:17 pm »
Nothing new to update, I just wanted to say Happy Mar10 everyone.  This series means a lot to me, Mario was the first thing I ever became super invested in back when I was a little one and I never grew out of it so it's also my longest lasting obsession, and even with all of the amazing new games released in the near 40 year run, the games collected within Super Mario All-Stars remain my absolute favorites in the series.  The All-Stars versions of SMB2 and 3 were my favorite versions of the game, so here's to making the SMAS versions of SMB1 and TLL my favorite versions too, and making SMB2 and 3 even better.

And thanks for all the feedback and the help to everyone who's been following this thread.

Razieldemon

• View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 14, 2020, 02:55:16 pm »
Always. I look forward to your future projects