Mega Man X3 Relocalization
Inspired by Thirteen 1355's Mega Man X2 Relocalization project
, this is a project whose main idea is to compare both COA localization and Hondoori's translation for X3
, extract the best parts from both, and release it as a relocalization.
Just like X2 Relocalization, I'm using the american terminology for most (if not all) cases. The main changes are context-wise, just like I've described here
. However, I'm still open for ideas about changing some Maverick names (Bit -> Vajraler, Byte -> Mandeller), and some weapon names (G.Well -> B.Hole). Give me your thoughts, please.
Although I've already made all script changes and done most ingame testing, it's still marked as beta. Further tests need to be made before finally submitting it. Besides, a new VWF font will be added (courtesy of DarkSamus993), which will require more script changes. But besides that, everything should be working fine on the beta patch provided for now.What's been changed:- Graphic changes:
- Title Screen changed to the Japan-style USA logo ("Megaman" title screen by DarkSamus993 and MetalWario64); - Script changes:
- X's name changed from "Mega Man" to simply "X" on its dialogues, in order to avoid confusion between players that still thinks that X is the same as Mega Man from NES;
- Mac dialogue entirely changed to the japanese counterparts, because the part where he says that X will be added to Doppler Army is totally non-existent in the japanese version, where he simply says that X will be taken captive;
- Bit / Byte dialogues entirely changed to the japanese counterparts, in order to restore their personalities that were omitted in COA localization;
- Some Doppler dialogues were changed, in order to depict him as a more pondered person.
- Some Dr. Light dialogues were changed, in order to merge the best parts from COA localization and Hondoori's translation;
- Other minor script changes.Change log
v0.1Download (v0.1 beta)Format
- Initial beta release.
: "Mega Man X3 (USA)" NO-INTRO
Solid One: Hacking and in-game testing;
Hondoori: Original japanese translation;
Justin3009: Rom expansion for better dealing with game scripts;
DarkSamus993: Hacking related to the title screen restorement and Maverick name changes;
MetalWario64: Custom title screen graphics.