News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: [Proofread] [GEN] Landstalker French re-translation  (Read 327 times)

Shenman

• View Profile
[Proofread] [GEN] Landstalker French re-translation
« on: December 20, 2019, 04:58:40 pm »
Hello everyone ! I hope to request the help I need the "correct" way here :)

My project consisting of rewriting the entire French translation of Landstalker is now over on my side.
The project would need one or two people to proof-read the lines I already edited.
The instructions are in the project archive as well as some savestates and the rom itself.

Of course, fluent french would be required as well as a lot of patience to replay the whole adventure and make some savestates / screenshots / explanation on the encountered issues (there should not be so many remaining)

If interested in helping me give back the respect this game deserve for the french audience, do not hesitate to send a PM :)

Thanks a lot

VicVergil

• View Profile
Re: [Proofread] [GEN] Landstalker French re-translation
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2020, 04:55:57 pm »
Is that the old (2013?) French retranslation project from Japanese, or merely a relocalization rewrite that has different goals than translation accuracy and restoring all the cut stuff from the game?
If the former, then it's really thrilling it finally nears completion. I would love to test it.

Did you figure a way to decompress graphics for the smaller font and graphics?

Shenman

• View Profile
Re: [Proofread] [GEN] Landstalker French re-translation
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2020, 06:52:15 am »
Hey, This a new smaller project with only some typos and misplaced text corrected
and more sense added to certain scenes.

I'm in close contact with Gufino who developed a tool to extract graphical assets
and all the texts from the game to translate the game in Italian :)

Here : http://landstalker.emu-france.info/forum there are some other project to change
some elements back to japanese original (cake, Grimoire and other stuff) to stick
perfectly with the original vision, this is not what I envisioned on my side.