News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Poll

Restored: ROM space allowing, should attacks be tallied for each weapon type used in combat? (support multiple weapon EXP for weapon swapping)

No. Restored already has passive growth, only end-of-combat weapon should receive bonus.
Yes. All weapons used in combat should receive this bonus credit.

Author Topic: Final Fantasy II Restored  (Read 205256 times)

PheonixMMKC777

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy II Restored
« Reply #600 on: September 20, 2021, 01:43:36 am »
Yo this is a neat project!

I noticed that there is a B button dash in this hack, but is there a patch just for the b button dash?
Reason being I'm working on a FF2 Randomizer and it would be an almost essential feature.

lan-vuhoang

• View Profile
« Reply #601 on: October 02, 2021, 05:45:41 am »
If only there was some kind of way to change equipment mid-battle or even just allow you to access items directly without having to go through the mess that is the "Item" slot...
« Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 07:50:31 am by lan-vuhoang »

AwesomeHairo

• View Profile
« Reply #602 on: October 15, 2021, 04:38:06 pm »
I noticed that there is a B button dash in this hack, but is there a patch just for the b button dash?
Reason being I'm working on a FF2 Randomizer and it would be an almost essential feature.

It should come with Chaos Rush's English Translation patch (https://www.romhacking.net/translations/2656/)

I have a question concerning what's possibly seem to be unused text, which could potentially free up space to add more dialogue to other messages. I don't feel I should make a whole post about it, and thought this could be answered here. Is this unused?

まあ [SLOT_4]! すがたがみえないと おもったら!!/[ゴードン]のさくせんどおり [18][EC]たちが てきの/ちゅういを ひきつけますから そのあいだに/あなたがたは [フィン]じょうにせんにゅうして/てきの しれいかんを うちとってください。/[フィン]じょうは いりぐちから まっすぐすすめば/おおひろまにでます。/てきは そこにいるはずよ。 きをつけて。

Bank 1, Message 27. Message offset 0x18c97, Bank offset 0x18210. Said by Hilda. Just before Liberation of Castle Fynn.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 05:25:29 pm by AwesomeHairo »

redmagejoe

• View Profile
« Reply #603 on: October 23, 2021, 01:45:36 pm »

The standalone one in the Chaos Rush Translation patch isn't in the same addresses in Final Fantasy II Restored, so we couldn't really rip a standalone version of ours for you. Best to get the standalone IPS from the Chaos Rush Translation.

It should come with Chaos Rush's English Translation patch (https://www.romhacking.net/translations/2656/)

I have a question concerning what's possibly seem to be unused text, which could potentially free up space to add more dialogue to other messages. I don't feel I should make a whole post about it, and thought this could be answered here. Is this unused?

まあ [SLOT_4]! すがたがみえないと おもったら!!/[ゴードン]のさくせんどおり [18][EC]たちが てきの/ちゅういを ひきつけますから そのあいだに/あなたがたは [フィン]じょうにせんにゅうして/てきの しれいかんを うちとってください。/[フィン]じょうは いりぐちから まっすぐすすめば/おおひろまにでます。/てきは そこにいるはずよ。 きをつけて。

Bank 1, Message 27. Message offset 0x18c97, Bank offset 0x18210. Said by Hilda. Just before Liberation of Castle Fynn.

I'm afraid it's been too long since I've looked at this for me to be able to tell you off the top of my head. I'd have to find time to sit down and look through this again. If abw is still around, he might be able to shed some light since he dove way deeper into the game than I was able to.